Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Orangesicle fluff

Recipe Description
Light and fluffy summer dessert. Kid friendly. Nice addition for a cookout. This makes quite a bit. I use a large mixing bowl. Will add photo next time I make this.​
Preparation Steps:
Drain mandarin oranges
boil 1 cup water​
Level of Difficulty:
easy​
Time Needed:
Ingredients:
1 small box instant vanilla pudding
1 can mandarin oranges, drained well
1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping
1 small box orange Jell-O​
Serves:
Directions:
Dissolve gelatin in 1 cup boiling water. Add 3 ice cubes to a measuring cup and fill with cold water to make 1 cup. Add to gelatin and hot water. Stir well until dissolved. Let set for 5 minutes to cool.

With electric mixer, stir the dry instant pudding into gelatin. Mix well. Let stand for 15 minutes.

Fold in thawed whipped topping and then the mandarin oranges. Refrigerate​

·
27,948 Posts
That sounds really refreshing , easy & tasty. All the features!

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to make this one and a strawberry version. We'll be fluffed out. LOL But I'll have some pics. It's not pretty, but goes down smooooth. LOL I think if you had guests, you might be able to get it looking nice in some sort of footed glass. Nothing messy enough that a little more cool whip can't cure. LOL

Reactions: piney and Brat

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
That sounds good. I am going to make this soon.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
My mother used to make something similar with crushed pineapple and lemon (?) Jello. I'll have to see if I can find the recipe. It was really good :lip:

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
sounds refreshing. i can see this on the menu for the week

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I made this yesterday. It is very good.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
My DD will love this! THANKS!

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
This could be what I'm looking for - a summery dessert for a BBQ this weekend :)

I'm guessing you can make this with any flavour of jello and add in the appropriate fruit? I think I may make this with lime jello and omit the fruit or cut up lime slices (or candy them?) and use as garnish when serving. YUM YUM YUM!

Thanks Sara!

·
Registered
628 Posts
I just had to try this last night. Delicious! :lip:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts