Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after mulling over it for a long time - I wanted to cloth diaper dd2, but was talked out of it - I have finally placed an order for diapers for ds. We are at the end of our free diaper stash (after 5 months) and he has finally gotten to the size M. I am looking forward to not having to worry about whether I have to run out for diapers.

DD2 is ready to be moved into cotton training pants & underwear!!!

Next for me is to decide what I want to do for my monthly needs.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Good for you. When my daughters were young I put them in cloth diapers as much as possible in order to save money. Whenever we went to church or the MIL had them I put the disposable on them. I still have most of my diapers even though the kids are teens now. The diapers make excellent cleaning cloths. If I spill anything in the kitchen nothing beats them for absorbing the liquid.

·
Registered
91 Posts
YAY!!!! I love cding. I have cloth diapered all of my kids so far, for almost 5 years now. I actually run a small business making diapers too. I hope you like it, I love never having to buy sposies.

·
Registered
426 Posts
So, inquiring minds want to know.....what kind did you get??

With DD#2 we use mostly fitteds and covers, but we have some FuzziBunz and BumGenius Pockets too.

the baby on the way will be starting out with prefolds since I have no idea how big he/she will be and most newborn diapers only fit to 10 pounds (mine have gotten to that point before they were a month old). And I don't want to waste the money on more expensive ones, even if I can resell them.

·
8,714 Posts
~What kind did you get? I chose Motherease One-Size snap diapers and bought them used before Ro was born. LOVED them! They were falling apart by the time Evie was 1. I'm in the process of patching them up to store for a possible sibling. I love to see people choosing cloth! There are so few of us and they are 1000 times nicer than disposables. The extra 10 minutes of work a week is worth it!~

·
Registered
546 Posts
:cheer4: Awesome!! I love my CDs. I use mainly prefolds but I do have a few pocket dipes for when we are out of the house.

What did you get?

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ended up going with Dappi to get us started, in addition to about 24 prefolds a friend actually gave me when I was talking to her about switching to cloth. The price was not so much that I thought might be wasted if the switch was a total disaster. I figured with a $100 investment (12 covers, 24 pinless diapers, 18 Doublers) I could then invest a smaller amount each month trying some of the other types and making a full supply.

I have spent the last 2 months trying to order off ebay or pick up some at local consignment store with no luck. With shipping rates being 7-9 dollars I refuse to end up paying more for the diapers than I would brand new.

Alot of the complaints I saw when reading about Dappi's is that they are cut small - which actually may be a good thing for us. DS was born small (4lbs) and although is now 13lbs, is a lean, thinner baby with smaller thighs. So we will see.

The company I ordered from called me about 30 minutes after I ordered to confirm my address and was sending today!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Good for you! We use prefolds and covers with DD, and we love them. Hope you enjoy the switch

·
Registered
580 Posts
Yay!! Hooray for cloth! :cheergrl:

We use a huge assortment of different types of cd, anythign from prefolds to AIOs. Have tried almost everything on the market, LOL. Been switchng to mainly organic stash but still have some synthetics. And we love wool covers. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts