Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here do origami or interested in learning it?

Origami can be a very frugal craft.

They sell fancy origami paper, but you really do not need it. For simple origami designs, you can just use regular paper or even paper recycled from advertisements, work, etc. If you have fancy paper for scrapbooking you can use that too. Some people use wrapping paper and most of us will have bits of leftover wrapping paper soon.

Lately I have been making origami stars. I have been experimenting with a variety of materials.

I am thinking of using plain paper but coating them with a little glitter and mod podge.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I used to make origami birds. I never learned how to many any other origami animals or shapes. Could you post a link or tell how you make origami stars?

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is the one I used.

Origami Lucky Star Instructions

I actually do a slight variation on this. In step 4 I have the paper facing the other way. When I tried it the original way, the paper pattern was facing inside. That will proably make more sense to you when you do it.

The instructions say the strips should be a foot long, but most of mine have been made my cutting up paper that was 11 inches high.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts