Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ugh, getting older is a pain sometimes....:lol: I hurt a hip about 3 years ago. Have been getting treatments from the chiro for it and he really does help it a lot when I go regularly. The problem is that he's 45 minutes away and he's expensive! I recently changed my exercise routine from the gazelle to the treadmill b/c I've been stuck for sometime now on my weightloss. Man, does that treadmill hurt my hip! I mean, not while I'm doing it but all day and sometimes all night afterwards. I've been taking some aspirin and even tylenol arthritis formula but pain meds get to bothering my tummy after a few days. Does anyone have any other solutions to osteo? I've been thinking of trying glucosamine but haven't yet. Anyone have success with it?

·
Registered
760 Posts
I do not have osteo, but I am sure that I have some form of arthritis, no doctor has told me this because I have been taking glucosamine for about four years now. Before taking it I had a problem walking up stairs, one foot after the other in a smooth movement. (my mom had the same problem) I started taking glucosamine soon after and my legs are much better. Also, concerning the treadmill, my friend has very severe osteo and had bought an expensive treadmill to use instead of walking outside. Her doctor made her stop because he said that it was doing more harm than good. She also said that she would hurt for days after using the treadmill.

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
Are you sure your hip isn't out of alignment? I was having problems with mine and my chiro checked and sure enough, it wasn't in position properly. He adjusted me a couple of times before he got it right. Now it's fine.

Jean

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know it is out of alignment right now, I go back to see him in a few days for an adjustment. That always helps but anytime I do something like climb up on a ladder or sit in the floor or crawl around in the floor or have to climb a few stairs.....it's hurting like the dickens again. And like I said, every since I quasi-dislocated it, it's been very "loose". And the pain is getting worse when it's out.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I don't have arthritis, but my step-mom swears by shark cartilage for hers. I know it sounds weird, but she says it helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts