Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd post this here. The question came up on another forum. I make turkey soup, turkey pie, turkey and dumplings and I've even made turkey parmagina(sp). I thaw and cook the turkey and then cook it and freeze whatever we are not having for dinner that night. It is already cooked and can be pulled out for a quick meal.I think maybe this year I'll grind some thawed and raw for ground turkey to add to chili and pasta sauce. I'll seasoned it a cook in up and then re-freeze.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Those ideas sound really good for leftover turkey. I like cold turkey sandwiches. I like hot shredded turkey and gravy over left over potatoes. I also like to make a casserole out of remaining ingredients (stuffing, turkey, potato, corn casserole, bean casserole) it's an everything casserole. Then I pour gravy over it and serve with a veggie. I am hungry for Thanksgiving :), not much longer now!

·
Registered
639 Posts
I make turkey hot pockets with the leftover cheese and veggies. or use the turkey in any casserole with a mushroom soup base or cheese soup base. sprinkle leftover stuffing on top.

·
Registered
742 Posts
My mom makes turkey enchiladas. She also makes various turkey casserole including my favorite turkey divan.

·
8,714 Posts
~Creamed turkey with pastry is my favorite! I also like turkey enchiladas, empanandas and enchilada pie. And a classic cold turkey sandwich or turkey rice soup is always yummy too!~

·
Registered
201 Posts
I make turkey soups, sandwiches, pot pies, shredded turkey over biscuits and/or mashed potatoes, chef salads, etc. I'll have to give that "everything" casserole a try this year, so I don't end up throwing out a lot of the other leftovers (stuffing, veggies, etc).

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Does ground turkey count? I use ground turkey almost exclusively rather than ground beef. The biggest reason in cost, but I'm sure glad I've been elminated beef because of all the e coli recalls around here on ground beef.

I use it in everything, sloppy joes, tacos, burritos, goulash, chili. I saw Rachel Ray (on 30 Minute Meals) make a turkey shepard's pie and used mashed sweet potatoes on the top rather than the standard mashed potatoes. This will definitely be in the 'must try' file.

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
I use leftover cooked turkey in fried rice. Also in homemade rice-a-roni type skillet dinners. And, of course, the soups, sandwiches, etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts