Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pain from the dentist or the bill? Which one hurts worse?? I just got back from the dentist. I had to have a few fillings and thought it would be simple. I was there for over 3 hours!!:eek: Of course I think I was there much longer because I had a "new" dental hygentist in training. Anyway, he gave me 4 shots and by the time he was ready to drill on one, I could fill it and he had to give me more!:( That is why I hate the dentist! Anyway, he decides instead of just filling the tooth as planned, he now is going to put a permanent cap on it and wants to know if I have insurance??? Of course I said yes...should have said no...lol! So he keeps drilling and drilling. Now I have a temp cap and have to go back on July 30th to get the permanent one. I spent 256 today and still owe 256 because of that stupid permanent cap!:mad: It better last a great while!

Between Dakota and me, we will be broke from dentist visits.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Wow! Do you have to pay all that after insurance? I hope not. Are you hurting? I need a new cap for my front tooth and I'm dreading how much it will cost. Sorry you had such a bad time.:(

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes that was my part AFTER insurance. I am looking at the bill and it states that the "porcelain fused to metal crown" is 695.00 Plus I have to pay infection control fees (insurance doesn't cover them), and the other fillings. I guess that is better than what it could be, but that to me is still high when I was just expecting something simple.

·
27,948 Posts
Ouch on all counts. That's a long time to hold your mouth open. Hope after the cap is on you don't have to see him for a long time.:)

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Me too Darlene! I hope the only reason I need to return is for a cleaning and that is it.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
OUCH! Blood sucking, tooth drilling leaches!

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Ouch Michelle! I hate the dentist too....the $ and the time it takes really bug me. But I am "attached" to my teeth:toothy: soooo I keep going like you. I'm never very happy about it though.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I hope the pain of both are soon gone !!!!!!!!

·
Spendthrift Guru aka KarlaBob
1,479 Posts
Ouch!!! Dentists can be great when you need them but the cost's are just skyrocketing....I personally think he should have discussed the crown, rather than just ask about insurance....you might have just been able to have a filling..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts