Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got our first (and only) gas/electric bill that was for the time period when brother & his family were with us. $450!!!! :couch: That's about $200 more than it usually is this time of year. The majority of it was electric usage....dryer, washer, lights and tvs were the things that were used more. We didn't turn the heat up anymore than usual, we didn't use the dishwasher more than usual (I refused to run it more than once a day).

I can hardly wait to see what the water bill for those 5 weeks looks like :ack:

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
sorry about the bills

Reactions: YankeeMom

·
Registered
984 Posts
Are they planning on kicking in for those bills? Thats alot of extra to have to pay. = (

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Are they planning on kicking in for those bills? Thats alot of extra to have to pay. = (
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Jamielane, please note I am not laughing at you. I am laughing at the thought of Yankeemom's SIL doing ANYTHING to help out.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Yankeemom--we have found that the average person uses 2000 gallons of water per month. If you know how much your water/sewer is per 1000 gallon, you might be able to get a rough estimate for your water bill. Might help with the sticker shock when you get the bill.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
wowza! That is a lot more useage.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Wow a thought most of us don't think of about guests or being guests.

:grouphug2

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
I'd be dropping a buzz into DBro's ear to let him know of the increase in your bill (the difference of $200) - not to ask him to help kick in/repay but to 'help him prepare for his own bills once he gets settled there on his own' *HINT*HINT*HINT* If he intended on contributing, he'll give you some $. Don't waste your time telling DSIL, just let DBro know along with your parents b/c they're now under their roof so they can expect a HUGE bill w/o the shock factor. I'd do the same with the water bill when that rolls in as well.

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
I'd be dropping a buzz into DBro's ear to let him know of the increase in your bill (the difference of $200) - not to ask him to help kick in/repay but to 'help him prepare for his own bills once he gets settled there on his own' *HINT*HINT*HINT* If he intended on contributing, he'll give you some $. Don't waste your time telling DSIL, just let DBro know along with your parents b/c they're now under their roof so they can expect a HUGE bill w/o the shock factor. I'd do the same with the water bill when that rolls in as well.
Good idea!!!!

YankeeMom I'm sorry you got hit with that after you were so kind to take them in and had to put up with so much!

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!
I am feeling for you!!!!!!!:weeping:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.