Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever fallen down in public?

I was going out to my truck yesterday at Lowes to get it to bring it up so the guy could load some stuff in to it. Well on the way out, I stubbed by shoe on the curb and fell completely down on all fours. Skinned my knees, have big bruises on the palms of my hands and worse yet, thought I broke my arm. Well after going to the emergency room last night and having 3 x-rays done, I at least did not break anything. But I sure did jam my right elbow! Now this is the arm and elbow that I have been having therapy on for about the last 2 years and had finally gotten it pretty much pain free.

SO MUCH FOR THAT!!!!!!

The doctor told me to stay off of work for about 2-3 days and make an appointment with an Orthopaedic doctor to see about getting a MRI to see what is going on.

My arm is at least not having spasms like last night thank goodness. But here I go again with the therapy. Right now I have it in a sling and the angle I have my arm helps it to rest.

I can't tell you all how embarassing that was to fall down in public like that, at least just one person saw me.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
:hug2: Cheryl,
I pray for quick healing for you! I'm so glad you did not break your arm.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear you hurt yourself like this. Yes, it sure is embarrassing to fall that way...I hope you heal your scratches and bruises well and that your elbow doesn't give you any trouble...:)

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I'm so sorry you hurt your arm and your dignity Cheryl ! I know your pride will heal much faster ! {{{{BIG HUGS}}}}
I hope it mends well without too much therapy !!!!

·
27,948 Posts
Ouch is right. Falling and someone seeing it happen is like adding insult to injury. :eek:uch:I hope you feel better soon and that your therapy & recovery go quick.:hugz:

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
So sorry to hear this... hope your arm and pride heal quickly!

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I hope you are ok. I think the embarrassment of the fall would hurt worse than the injury. I hate falling in public. I have done that before and hurt my ankle.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I am so sorry that you got hurt Cheryl. I will say a prayer for quick healing for you. I am sending lots of :hug2: and :angel: for you.

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Gosh I hate that. I hope your arm gets better soon. It's really pits to baby an injury and the re-injure it just as it's gets better. :sigh:
Sorry you had your pride wounded too. I always jump up and look around to see who saw me fall....no matter how bad I'm hurt.

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
I am so sorry Cheryl. I am praying that your arm and all your bruises heal quickly and for your pride too!;) I've done that before and why is it that the first thing we do is look around to see who has just seen us!!:D

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
I'm so sorry that happened to you! Hoping your arm gets better fast.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
:hugz: Cherly, I hope you feel better soon. I'm happy to hear you didn't break it and the MRI shows no damage.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you everybody. It is feeling better today, but still is sore and stiff. I really need to make sure that I wear the sling so that I don't use my arm too much.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Cheryl, I know how embarrassing it is to fall period let alone in public, but just remember, it has happened to everyone at least once in their lives!!! At least we all have being human in common. Hope that you are feeling better soon.

·
27,948 Posts
How are you feeling Cheryl? Hope your healing nicely.:)

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am better today than I was yesterday. My elbow joint is still sore, but I believe that Arthritis has a big part in that, plus being jammed.

I am wearing an ace bandage today on my elbow and down some on my arm. Trying to make sure I keep it warm and also to remind me not to put too much strain on it. I also wear the sling some just to rest my arm.

But all in all, it is feeling better, thank goodness. But I know that I have a long, long way to go before I get it back to not hurting so much like it was before I fell.

Get this, my dh wants me to go back to Lowes to get some more stuff for him. :( :( I don't know if my system can handle it if I see that guy that was helping me. Oh how embarassing. :toothy:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts