Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its an exciting/sad time for her/us lol:) She'll be moving to her apartment on the 1st. I am so thankful for our stockpile...we will be able to get her off to a good start on toiletries/cleaning supplies/some household things...enough to last her for 6 months:)
I am so proud of her...yet a little sad....lol...I remember when I left home, I was younger than she is now...I was 16...she's 20:)
On another note...she has started packing her belongings in boxes - I never realized just how much stuff she has - the house will be "decluttered" when she moves:)

By August, HA #3 will be moving to Toronto to attend school...so that will be 8 left in the nest...dang, if this trend keeps up( and it will eventually), our house will look so bare without everyone's stuff everywhere:)....can't wait for a sewing room....DH can't wait for a gaming room...oh the possibilities:)lol....am I mean??

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
With that many houseapes I'm not sure I'd notice that one had left. (kidding!)

Its an exciting/sad time when a birdie leaves the nest, no doubt! Each time mine returns home she scales down some of the stuff she left behind in storage and its kinda sad to see it no longer having value to her. Silly stuff like her post-it note collection. (yes, I held onto those)

Big hugs, it sounds like she is moving close enough that she will still be around, though, right?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Congrats. It is definately a happy and sad occassion rolled up into one. My one and only moved out a couple of years ago and I missed her so much at first but now its kinda cool, we aren't obligated to a school schedule, food schedule and we have extra space although I have to lure her back every so often to continue clearing out the unwanted stuff from those prized possessions we are keeping safe for her.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With that many houseapes I'm not sure I'd notice that one had left. (kidding!)

Its an exciting/sad time when a birdie leaves the nest, no doubt! Each time mine returns home she scales down some of the stuff she left behind in storage and its kinda sad to see it no longer having value to her. Silly stuff like her post-it note collection. (yes, I held onto those)

Big hugs, it sounds like she is moving close enough that she will still be around, though, right?
Yes, she'll be a few miles away & will be dropping by for 'Family Movie Night":)

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
That was nice of you to stock her with supplies. My time is coming soon. I will probably have a break down when my DD moves out. So many emotions. Happy and sad. :)

Enjoy some more room!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Congrats to her! My DS has been gone since September and I still miss him! Awesome on the six month supply. I was only able to give him a four month supply. Hopefully you will soon get that sewing room BUT then you won't have anyone to sew for! :laugh:

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Thats what I throught....... they all moved out one at a time then I got sick......my #2 son and his boys moved in o stay with me. 5 years later he moved out and #3 son and family moved in. They refuse to leave me alone........lol. I know they love me but sometimes I would love to be alone.......... just not going to happen. Enjoy the time without them. This is the boomarang generation.
Fern

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Congratulations and condolences all at once!

My 15 year old moved in with her dad last year and it was a huge adjustment - some things for the better (no more listening to the girl's bickering all the time) and some for the worst (I miss her pithy teenage sarcasm - she cracks me up). Although I know it doesn't compare with a kid moving out on her own, I really feel for you.

How lucky for her that she did not have to buy all her start-up stuff! You saved her a fortune!

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Congrats you you! I'll have my 3rd and last one out & on to college in Sept can't wait. I have my craft room in my #1 sons room it's soooo great!!! Enjoy it!!!

·
Registered
995 Posts
I hate to tell you this, but they often RETURN! :)
This time last year we only had 2 of our 5 kids at home. The rest had left home.
They ALL came back home. Okay not all at once but on June 3rd my eldest came back home. He left in August and then son nr 2 came back home to live. He left on Sept. 11th and then son nr 3 came back home where he still is.
According to the plans both son nr 3 and son nr 4 will be leaving home sometime in Feb.
They have bought an apartment together.

This will only leave our only daughter still at home. She says that she has no plans to leave for now and is looking forward to some peace after they have all left.
By the summer we hope to have done up the house and RELAX!!!!!

I have to admit though I have mixed emotions about it all. I think it will be VERY quiet.

·
19,119 Posts
Bittersweet times when the young ones move out. Hated DD moving to the midwest for college seven years ago = now that she's finishing up grad school - who knows where she'll go.

As much as I miss her - and I do at times to the depths of my heart - sometimes it's challenging when she comes home - however that's just part of life and I'd rather have those challenges than not having her visit at all.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.