Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It went down about $27 a month. You won't hear me complain. Money is money in my book.

When we traded dds truck in for her new cobalt they prorated our insurance for the difference.

When I got our new 6 month statement we are at $1300+. I can't remember the full number but it comes out to about $225 a month down from over $252.

I am not knocking it lol. I wish the mail would bring me more good news more often!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
That's awesome...I'm just happy if our insurance doesn't go up.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Sweet. Mine actually went up (increased $30 for the 6 month period.)

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Great news :hurray:

Unfortunately ours will go up due to a ticket that Dave got.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
1300 for 6 months???? WOW!!! Is that typical in Texes???

We pay less than 1200 a year for a full size truck, new sport edition vehicle, and a motorcycle!!!

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
While I am glad that's good news to you but $1300 for 6 months, OMG DH and I pay $850 a year for 2 cars! Is that typical in Texas to have such high car insurance?

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
It is for full coverage for a 18 year old lol!

My insurance is $545. Whits is 814.00.

Both at full coverage. We also pay for $300,000 each for personal injury. A few bucks extra insurance is better than having someone sue you for so much you lose your home etc. Sure it would probably never happen but what if it did???

There are people out there just waiting to sue you, they are just looking for the right oppunity. Well, we are safe!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Hey that's awesome news!!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Yea, I'm in Mississippi.. We have two sons. The minute the first one hit drivers license (permit) age, insurance for vehicles skyrockets. My youngest son is now 21 and 1/2 years old and it was about 1,300.00 for six months last time we paid in August. It would have been almost 400.00 dollars more if we hadn't paid the full six months in advance.

I must add though, the previous six ( first six months of '08 it was 300.00 more. For some reason ours dropped the last half of the year.

I'm waiting on pins and needles to see if it goes up or down this time ... no accidents ( knock on wood) , but everything else is going up so I have no clue . We are with Progressive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts