Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like Chick-Fil-A. As some of you know, my DDs are both now employed by Chick-Fil-A. The restaurant's grand opening is at 6AM tomorrow morning. The first 100 customers will be receiving free Chick-Fil-A for a year!! My DDs had to go in for training tonight. The parking lot was crowded with people and tents when they got there. They had to park at the neighboring CVS in order to get to the building to get trained! LOL! People are camping out in order to be one of the first 100. When my DDs left around 8:30 there were 94 folks already in line!! Amazing! They are not scheduled to work until Saturday. I keep telling them that Saturday will be almost as bad as opening day. They will both be cashiers. They are excited!

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
I bet they will be swamped with customers. There has been a rumor going around here for the last couple of years that our little town will be getting a Chick Fil A, soon. I hope so, the nearest one is in Dawsonville.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hello Fellow Georgians,

I live about a mile from one in Alpharetta, and during breakfast and lunch you cannot even go near it as the line for the drive -thru is around the building and backing upon the street. I'm sorry though, be as that I'm from Chicago, I don't understand the whole chicken for breakfast thing!!:huh:

mrsvargas

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I bet your DD's are very excited and they will love their new job, prepare them for the fact that they will be quite busy the first couple days or even weeks. :)

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
I'm sorry though, be as that I'm from Chicago, I don't understand the whole chicken for breakfast thing!!:huh:

mrsvargas
I'm from Boston... and actually, we are one of the few countries who actually eat BACKWARDS, you are suppose to eat your heavier, more filling and healthy meal for breakfast. DF is from Memphis and during our trip 'home' he almost did cartwheels that there was chicken on the breakfast buffet... I know he comes from a line of farmers and river-boaters... they ALWAYS ate chicken, steak, anything they could... for breakfast.

We have a Chik-fil-a in the food court of the mall next town over, I very rarely get to go... since we only go to that mall to window shop or get out of the house, they are closed because I usually go on a Sunday.

Congrats to your DD's!

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
we are one of the few countries who actually eat BACKWARDS, you are suppose to eat your heavier, more filling and healthy meal for breakfast. DF is from Memphis and during our trip 'home' he almost did cartwheels that there was chicken on the breakfast buffet... I know he comes from a line of farmers and river-boaters... they ALWAYS ate chicken, steak, anything they could... for breakfast.
In Germany, the heaviest meal is also eaten much earlier: in the afternoon maybe around 2pm. In the evening maybe around 8pm we have "Abendbrot" where we snack on breads and cheeses. Breakfast is full of grains like breads and cereal. And there's a coffee time around 11 or noon with coffee, tea, cookies, etc. So only one meal is usually cooked during the day.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Wow, people must really want the free Chick-Fil-A to camp out for it. :) I bet your DDs will love their new jobs. :)

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
How did the girls first day of work go? I hope that they had a great day. :)

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Congrats to your daughters on the new jobs!! We all love Chick-fil-A here! Our extended family will often meet there on a Tuesday evening, for each adult meal you buy you get a free kids meal. I have one less than a mile away and it is definitely a favorite!

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My DDs haven't actually worked yet. They went to orientation and training and the dinner they had for the employees and their families... all of which they got paid for. I couldn't believe they paid them for eating! LOL! Their first actually working day with the store open is Saturday. DD17 works from 4 - 11 and DD16 works from 1:30 - 8:30. I am going to be out of town and won't be here on their first day. I have two friends going to go by and take pictures of them working on their first day for me. LOL!

·
Registered
772 Posts
I love Chik-fil-A.. I wish they had one in NY!!

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Ok. ladies, please excuse my ignorance but how are you supposed to say it?

Chick-FILL-'ah'? OR Chick-Filet?

I thought it was the 2nd one but Ive been told otherwise. We dont have this chain in Canada however I have seen and eaten there when in US - but never got around to asking how you're supposed to 'say' their name. :lol:

·
Registered
713 Posts
Ok. ladies, please excuse my ignorance but how are you supposed to say it?

Chick-FILL-'ah'? OR Chick-Filet?

I thought it was the 2nd one but Ive been told otherwise. We dont have this chain in Canada however I have seen and eaten there when in US - but never got around to asking how you're supposed to 'say' their name. :lol:
The second one. "Chik-fill-ay"

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
It sounds like the company will be neat to work for! Hope the girls love it! I have never tried it, the chain is not in my area. Maybe I can give it a try this year on vacation.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, I think the first day was fun but frustrating. When they went in for training, they showed them how to work the registers at the front. When they went in on their first day to work...which was EXTREMELY busy...they both had to work at the drive thru. No one had showed them what to do. DD17 said after the first 3 hours she was ready to quit. The lady they had there to assist them, who manages another store, kept being very rude to them. Once the lady discovered they had not been shown how to run the drive thru she was a little bit kinder. The owner of the store asked DD17 how she liked her first day and she told him (she is my outspoken child)...told him about how rude the trainer was and how frustrated she got. He told her he was sorry and had had other complaints about this same person. The trainer will only be there for another week and then she will be gone. But the owner told DD17 that she had done a wonderful job. She is working again this evening until 10. DD16 and I went by and she was taking orders at the drive thru again. She said she was having fun, so hopefully things were better today. DD16 works tomorrow and it's kids night. They will be packed!

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
OMG thats sooo wonderful!! Glad they're liking it and giving it a real shot - despite the crochety trainer. :tay:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts