Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are in a new rental. It has a garden plot. We want to do something with it. Unfortunately, some time in the past, somebody put down weed cloth over the entire area and then either allowed it to get covered in dirt and reseeded with grass or did it on purpose. the cloth is too new to really be feasible to till it under without clogging things. Do we just start digging it up? Yank it out? What do we do with the grassy dirt from on top?

Or do we dig down to it and then simply plant through it and use it? Not sure of the condition in the center. We can see it poking out along the edges of the garden area.

Thanks.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I'd probably draft some strong backs and have them pull it up grass, dirt and all, then I'd just till and plant. You said you can see the edges, so you can probably grab them enough to pull it up. If you want the weed blocker, it would be easy to just dump the stuff on top of it and lay it down again.

Have fun with your garden. I just love mine, it's so soothing to just play in the dirt.:)

Jen

1 - 3 of 3 Posts