Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has been lowered. ( We received a letter yesterday).
News to us.
Should help with land taxes.
( only thing bugging me is we're paying $7,000.00 more for our house now than its assessed for ):hmmm::shrug2:

·
Registered
583 Posts
That's interesting that they lowered the payment.

I notice when I built my pool, the County was right quick on sending me a supplemental property tax bill because of the increased value of the house.

Now that the housing market everywhere is in the tank, do you think they have reassessed the value and lowered my taxes? Nope!

·
Registered
7 Posts
County assessments only count for the money the county will pocket from your taxes. The appraisal amount is what's important when buying or selling your home.

Given today's market, a listing agent will put in the listing "below tax assessment," which makes the buyer think they're getting a better deal. Of course, there's so many houses on the market now that nothing is really helping to sell any of them. I sell real estate and I wish the market would pick up a lot!

·
Registered
61 Posts
The tax assessment on my house when I bought it was half of what I paid only because they hadnt reassessed values in years. Well last year they did and now it's at about what I bought it for. That just means more taxes!:shake:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts