Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only got them to sit still for about 15-20 minutes. But we read a bit about the earth, sun, & moon. We talked about the earth's rotation, day & night, and the earth's orbit around the sun. We also talked a little bit about the phases of the moon. That was where I lost them a bit.

DS10 drew a picture in between showing his brother with the flashlight and the globe how the sun shines on one side of the earth at a time.

DS6 was irritated that he couldn't play video games RIGHT THEN so he really didn't want to participate at first. But as I read and his older brother was getting into it, he started creeping closer & closer. By the time we were talking about the phases of the moon, he was into it. So he grabbed the Interactive Planetarium (that we just picked up at a yard sale for 75c) and started playing with it.

That was the extent of our first day. Starting it out slow and still trying to keep it fun and informal.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I am sure it will take time as this is new to your children too. Once you all get into a homeschooling routine, I am sure you will all be enjoying it.

And .75 cents for the Plantetarium interactive game was an awesome find!! It worked well with your lesson.

Reactions: YankeeMom

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
that sounds like an excellent....and may I say "quite normal" first day of homeschooling
(this coming from a former homeschool mom)

Reactions: YankeeMom

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I wish I had the balls to homeschool my kids lol
I am looking forward to reading your next entry
Maybe you will give me the courage I need to do it too
Good luck and happy teaching

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
That's longer than I can get my kids to sit still. I took Dakota to school today and it was his first day there without me around. If they can get him to sit for an hour, I give the teachers there lots of kudos.

Man, I love the solar system! I think I'd end up playing with all that stuff and leave the kids with nothing. :D

Good job today!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts