Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had just officially signed our adoption papers at 11 a.m. on a Monday morning for our dd. We were so excited, we could hardly contain ourselves. BUT we knew in our hearts we weren't finished with adoption quite yet. That afternoon, at 3 p.m., our adoption worker called us and told us there was a little guy up for adoption. He was 15 months old and had Down syndrome. We were estactic.

We began our visitations with Michael and within one month from the date of our dd's final adoption papers being signed, he joined us in our home. He was 16 months old, and had the most wonderful smile in the world. He could not sit, didn't crawl and in fact, was like a rag doll. But he was ours and we've never looked back.

Today, he turns 14 and is quite the charmer and quite the challenge, all combined into one young man. He walks, runs and uses the scroll saw. In fact, he cut one of dh's clocks in half while dh was busy doing other things in his workshop. He didn't like the wood dh gave him I guess. He knows as soon as he goes into the workshop with dad, he puts on his safety glasses and ear muffs to protect his ears. He knows he doesn't turn on anything in the shop unless dad is there with him. He climbs monkey bars, loves the outdoors, loves McDonalds and french fries.

He understands everything, but he doesn't talk. That is the most frustrating, even though he does know some signing.

Celebrate with us and Michael as he turns 14, a charming young man who lights up the room with his smile and tears his mother's hair out with his stubborness and sometimes anger. But we wouldn't have it any other way. He has helped make our lives what they are today.

·
27,948 Posts
Celebrate we shall!:hugz:

Happy Birthday Michael!!:smball:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Happy Birthday Michael!!!!!:hat: :cake: :pblow: :ham: :hugz: :mm: :mm: :mm: :present: :pizza: :hurray: :dancing: :candle: :yippee: :clap: :grwave:

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
:pblow: Happy Birthday Michael! :pblow:

Enjoy your day Micheal, you are the twinkle in your Mom's eyes! :cake: :candle:

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Happy, Happy Birthday Michael!!!!!!! You are such a joy to your Mom and Dad, we love hearing how your are doing!!! Have a fun day!!!!!!!!!!:hat: :cake: :kcrown: :ice: :hugz: :cone2: :present: :hurray: :band:

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Happiest of birthdays Michael. :smball:

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Happy Birthday Micheal !!!!!!!!!!!
We love hearing your Mom talk about all of wonderful things you are doing. She is so proud of you and so are we.
Happy Birthday Buddy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
:band:
Happy Birthday to you! :pblow:
Happy Birthday to you! :pinkhat:
Happy Birthday dear Michael! :kcrown:
Happy Birthday to you!!! :cake:
Enjoy your special day! :candle:
:dancing:

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
CJ I have tears in my eyes. You are the most wonderful mom in the world and I am honored to know you.

Happy Birthday Michael!!!!!! :smball: :smball:

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
paelthom said:
CJ I have tears in my eyes. You are the most wonderful mom in the world and I am honored to know you.

Happy Birthday Michael!!!!!! :smball: :smball:
I have tears in my eyes too. Happy Birthday Michael!!

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Happy Birthday Michael! :)

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
Oh Michael! God Bless You and give you many happy returns of this day, as you celebrate your birthday.

Happy Birthday from the lady who takes your mum and sometimes your sister away to her home for tea and biscuits, then on to quilt shops when she goes to Kamloops.

Love and best wishes
Margery:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts