Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is our newest addition. She is a 1 year old Husky/Australian Shephard mix named Brat. :D

We just got her yesterday and she is doing well with us. Her owner is a friend of ours... he has 6 more Huskies at home. :eek: Anyways... she was the baby and lowest on the totem pole in the "pack". Needless to say the other dogs weren't nice to her... and she spent alot of time in the garage away from the others. Her owner wanted her to have a good home and lots of attention and Dave had a Husky when I met him and we loved her... so the rest is history.
She was very nervous and scared when we first got her yesterday. But today she has become "my" dog. :D She follows me all around and sleeps with me. She even growls at Dave when he comes near us... LOL!!! I like her! Shhh ;)
She is sweet though and good with Tyler. And the best thing is she walks great on a leash. She will stay right beside the stroller. So we've been walking twice a day. I love it!

Oh and Rocky loves her too. He is so happy to have a playmate. We just have to watch cuz neither of them are fixed. :eek: But we watch them and separate them at night when we're alseep. She will be fixed as soon as we can afford it. Then no more worries. :)

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
She is truly a beauty. Welcome to the family Brat!!! BTW, how is Meow and does he get on with BRat?

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Robin. I think she is beautiful too. I forgot to mention that she has amazing blue eyes like I've never seen on a dog. And I love her "mask". :)
And when she lays down she crosses her front legs. :)

Meow is fine and she has real name now!! She is Whiskers. Dave's mom came up with it because her whiskers are soooo long! We call her Whisky. :)
She and Brat had it out right away and now they play fine. Whisky hides under the couch and Brat barks at her. Brat is much more vocal than Rocky. She's way protective too... yet she's much more graceful than he is. Its amazing how different 2 dogs can be... and I love em both! lol

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob
1,471 Posts
What a beauty. Tyler has lots of playmates now!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Welcome to Sherry's family Brat ! You are a luckyy dog to have such nice people to love and care for you !
She is beautiful Sherry ! Enjoy her !!!!!!

·
27,948 Posts
She's a real beauty! What a nice addition to your family.:paw:

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks girls. :)

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks CJ. That was her name when we got her. And she can be a brat. hehe

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
What a beautiful girl, and I like her name too!! :D

Welcome to your new home Brat! :paw:

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
What a beautiful Husky you have Sherry.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone.
She gets better and more relaxed everyday. :) And I love the protectiveness she shows for me... and especially Tyler

1 - 13 of 13 Posts