Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we were talking about getting a dog now that we have the new house. Lo and behold in the free ads yesterday. 1 yr old male Chocolate Lab. I called and we went to meet, hes actually a Chocolate Lab mixed with Australian Shepherd so he has very unique markings. Hes also quite a big boy. At first he wasn't too keen on us, its like he knew something was different. But he warmed up and let us take him home. He seems very happy, i will take pictures today. My DH honestly wasnt sure about getting a dog but i think he fell in love. Im so excited because we could actually do this without asking permission from a landlord or something.

With the 2.5 acres i think he'll be happy, the reason they did give him up is because they had a smaller yard and their kids didn't have a lot of interest in him. He will go to the vet Monday to have a checkup but thankfully they've kept up with all his shots and stuff.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
congrats!! do you have a name yet?
im sure he'll love that big yard too :)

·
27,948 Posts
How nice! He housebroken? If so-bonus! What's his name?
Wishing you & your pooch many happy years together. :paw:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep hes been housebroken and trained fairly well on everything except leash walking. His name is Mowgli like from the jungle book. He seems to respond to anything though. Hes done good with the cats too (we have 2 indoor and one 1 outdoor(we adopted with the house).

We plan to start talking him for walks right away, so we went ahead and bought him a new leash and stuff. We will have to go get his tags and such this weekend or next week. He will be encouragement to not eat at the coffee table anymore lol. since hes so huge he can reach even the top of the dining room table lol. I figure hes not done growing yet either from everything ive seen and read

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I bet he is beautiful! We used to have a chocolate lab and they are such wonderful dogs, very smart! He sounds like the perfect fit for you family.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Congratulations!!

We adopted a full grown lab (she was 6yrs old) last year. She wasn't leash trained either. The first time I took her on a regular leash (attached to her collar) I had some wicked bruises on my hands from her pulling me.

Then I went out & bought the no pull harness. She literally cannot get her weight shifted to be able to pull me. The best part is she can't choke herself and it doesn't hurt her (or me) at all. I got mine for $10 at Walmart.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Congrats on the new puppy. I can't wait to see a picture!!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Congratulations on your dog :). I wish we could have a small dog here because my dad would really like to have a Pug & they are so cute but our landlady will allow only 1 cat.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Wow that's great, congrats! I am sure in time he will love it there! :)

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
congrats on your new baby of the family. I love all animals. especially dogs. I have soft spots for them.
I bet he's so sweet.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I am sure he's adorable, I think he has a cute name :).

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Congrats on the new addition! I can't wait to see pics!

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
We Want Pictures!!!!

Congrats on your new friend. I can't wait til :smooch: and I can get our <a href="http://www.thai-ridgeback.com/bilder/tschau.jpg">Thai Ridgebacks</a>. We want two! :D

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Heres some pictures, hes hard to corral lol!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
He's gorgeous! Congrats again!

·
Registered
818 Posts
Awww! He's a cutie! He seems really comfortable. Thanks for sharing with us. Congrats on the new family member!!!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Congrats on your new family member! I love his coloring and markings!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Contratulations!! We have a lab/ retreiver mix and she is now 80 pds. We had to get a no pull harness too!! That 'lil girl can drag me around the block. We fondly call her our dog with pyschological problems. She can't be left alone........ever. Her anxiety destroys our house. We have replaced drapes, carpet and repaired woodwork she has chewed on. We had to get another dog to calm her down. It worked. Both dogs are now very well behaved.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I love his tongue....He is too cute!!! Thank you for sending in the pictures. My kids will love them. We love looking at dogs. My son goes onto You tube and watches clips of dogs...same breed as what we have...Cairn Terrier. My kids have the same love for dogs that I have. I wonder if there is a dog gene that I gave them.

Enjoy him!!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts