Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is our second time to the closest salvage grocery so I had enough forsight to take pics this time around for those of you who may be interested in visiting a store near you.

Here is our salvage booty (sans the 20lb kitty litter--didn't think you needed a visual on that) for a total of $107.46 which breaks down to about $1.13 for our 95 items. HTH. :vibes:

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t46/ri_smom/2009_03021.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t46/ri_smom/2009_03024.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t46/ri_smom/2009_03025.jpg

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I love my salvage grocery. Have told dozens of people about it. They have mentioned that I told them about the place to the owners who thank me everytime I come in.

LAurie in Bradenton

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Awesome! Gosh I wish there were one near me!!!

Reactions: ri*smom

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Well played! The best thing about salvage gracery stores is that a lot of the stuff you find there is the same stuff you wouldn't buy from a regular grocery store..because it's so expensive in the regular store.

Reactions: ri*smom

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well played! The best thing about salvage gracery stores is that a lot of the stuff you find there is the same stuff you wouldn't buy from a regular grocery store..because it's so expensive in the regular store.
Yep! For instance, we would never buy the Michaelina's frozen lunches/dinners, but heck, for 33 cents/piece dh will be set on any days we feel like being lazy/don't have leftovers/running late. And the kids love it because on both trips we have let them get some snacky food that we wouldn't normally buy. The staff there is very nice and friendly, too. It's a win-win for us on many levels. :) My only "fiddlesticks!" this time is that they didn't have my shade of permanent haircolor this time around! :toothy:

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Nice job. There used to be a salvage store near Baltimore years ago. It's not there anymore. I'm not sure if state regulations forced it out of business because I can't find any salvage stores in Maryland.

·
Registered
556 Posts
wish we had one near us. lol, i have knowticed that the corner store (thats what i call the ameristop store) that they sell the store brand versions of stuff from fulmers grocery store at a higher price than fulmers.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
I went to my first salvage grocery in MA Sunday. The best buy I got probably was the tomato paste, < .40 a can. I got some chicken stock too, was really happy with it, .70 a can, then got to a 2nd salvage store, associated with a co-op and found organic stock there for .45 a can!

Judi

·
Registered
440 Posts
Great Job!! I'm very impressed. You got a lot of good brands, even Organic, for cheap. We do not have a Salvage store around us. The best I get is a Grocery Outlet.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Great job on the deals! You did awesome! Our salvage grocery store is pretty hit and miss here but I have gotten some good deals in the past.

·
Registered
55 Posts
THAT is amazing! Wish we had one around here!

·
Registered
164 Posts
We have one here but I've never been. I've been wanting to go, so this is just more incentive!

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I recently found three listed in my area. I can't wait until hubby has a day off so we can check them out! Hubby is on a special project and working 5 days a week (M-F) and often on weekends also. He is getting lots of OT so I am not complaining. He normally works 4-10s (Mon-Thur).

I am a very independent and brave person, but these places are in BAD parts of town. I don't want to go alone to check them out. Maybe after hubby and I go together and I check them out I will go alone.

Mary

·
Registered
2 Posts
Salvage grocery in CA

Hello I own a discount grocery store in Delano, CA, CALIFORNIA DISCOUNT GROCERY.

We also wholesale banana box groceries to other stores at one of the lowest prices available.

If you are interested in either the store or the product please give me a call at 661-281-5445 or 661-725-4820.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 31 Posts