Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a local business here in our small town and one lady said to another lady "___________ sure looks good, doesn't she?" The other lady said "well I sure hope she doesn't lose too much weight".

My mom gets the same thing all the time. She lost 40 lbs and is now at 130 lbs and looks good, feels the best she has ever felt, has brought her b/p down and her chronic bronchitis is almost nil. Yet she gets the same comments "you better not lose more weight, it isn't good for you", "what are you eating, anything?" and on and on.

Funny isn't it, when were overweight, society looks down on us because were overweight, its not good for our health. Then we we lose weight, it isn't good for us, we'd better not lose more, etc.

As anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I wish I had that problem, LOL. I think sometimes people just speak without thinking of how something is going to come out. I have a number of friends that I work with that have had gastric bypass surgery and have lost a large amount of weight. They all look wonderful and they feel great and they are getting healthy. Yet all the time, I hear other co-workers talking about them in the same manner as the ladies you overheard today. I know that some are doing it maliciously (there are always bad apples in every crowd :( ) but more often I think that they don't realize how that sounds. I try to think before I speak but I am sure that I am guilty of it also. I just feel sick when I think that I might have said something that hurt someones feelings. I usually can't even defend myself for fear of hurting someone else's feelings. The exception to that is when I am defending my family. I can say pretty much anything that needs to be said then, :D .

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
I have had people I work with tell me I am losing too much weight. I gained 50 pounds because of meds. I was on and now that I am off of them I am losing that weight and I hope I don't stop till it's all gone again!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
No matter what you do in life- there will always be people to criticize you. No matter how much you weigh, there will always be comments from the peanut gallery. I just like to think of it as them just being jealous. It takes alot of hard work and determination to lose weight, especially if you've been fighting the battle all your life- and some people just can't handle seeing anyone else achieve their personal goals. Congrats to your mom and the lady you saw today!!

Laura

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
SNIFFLE...ALL of my sisters are losing weight and I'm GAINING it! I used to weigh 125 lbs...now I'm at a wopping 159 lbs. IT'S NOT GOOD FOR ME....LOLOLOL

I've got to stop trying to EAT the house. Remember I went to the non-smoking section of the restaurant...where everything TASTES BETTER!

Unfortunately, I've fallen off again. How do I stop smoking and STOP EATTING?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts