Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality says ozone levels Friday could reach level purple, or "very unhealthy," in the Houston and Dallas-Fort Worth areas and level orange, for "unhealthy for sensitive groups" in much of the rest of the state.

The high levels are due to forecasts of extremely high temperatures, lots of sunshine and very low winds. The heat indices were very high too. The temperatures were all in the 100s with the warmest at Corpus Christi with 115 degrees and 111 degrees at Angleton.

The Environmental Protection Agency says purple ozone levels can cause severe respiratory symptoms and impaired breathing for people in sensitive groups. Everyone else should limit outdoor exertion.

http://www.kcentv.com/news.html#Texas

·
Registered
601 Posts
Everyone there please take care and do what you need to do to protect yourself......Sounds terrible, I will be thinking about you all.....

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Glad i live in the middle of no where! Any villagers in the affected areas please take precautions and stay safe!
Our temps this week have average 108! Normally we average 105

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Praying that you all keep safe in that part of the world!

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am about 1 -1/2 hours from the Dallas area. It is extremely hot here!!! :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts