Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to post this as there doesn't seem to have been a success story posted in a while in the last 12 months I paid off the last of my rotating credit card debt and my car loan.

I also was able to pay my car insurance premium in full. I am so happy that this worked out. It would have been nice to pay off my smallest student loan before my pay dwindled but I'll take what I can get.

I had been sending extra payments to my car (as small as $5.00) as often as I could. The credit card debt was from as early as 2008 and I had paid off each card as quickly as I could also since 2011. It feels amazing to have a higher available credit than balance due for the first time in while. My credit has rebounded because of it.

My current goal is to try to get more passive income so that I can save up to buy my next car in cash among other goals.

·
Registered
9,568 Posts
Awesome news, congratulations.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I always love hearing good stories. Sometimes you notice that some of the forum posts do not really have a happy ending or people are just unable to get out of debt, but hearing situations like these really does make me feel a little better. Great news and thanks for sharing!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts