Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I noticed a couple of days ago that the right groin area was tender to the touch and warm. I've also been experiencing leg pain and pain in my lower back. I've tried anti-inflammatory medication with no luck. I tried muscle relaxers with no luck also.

There's a considerable lump in the same spot. It's in the center of my groin about 2 inches above the pubic bone. I know that in men, there's a ligament that runs in that area called the inguinal ligament and can be herniated.

The pain in my legs is dull and achy and it's the same in my lower back. The pain doesn't go any further down the legs than about halfway through the upper leg and it doesn't extend much further up my back than about the lower 1/3rd.

Is there anything I can do to alleviate the discomfort? I plan on getting it examined tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
woman can have inquinal hernias also .
due to not knowing what it is it is risky to say how to treat it .
i would be careful moving around too much or lifting heavy things - if you look up inquinal hernias it may say ice- but if thats not it that may not be the best idea.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I hope you feel better soon, and you can find out what it is tomorrow. In the mean time rest, and take care of yourself.

Reactions: MomToTwoBoys

·
Registered
11,124 Posts
Rest. Ice may alleviate the swelling and inflammation. A hot pack will feel real good and help with soreness. Sounds like you pulled something.

Reactions: MomToTwoBoys

·
Registered
906 Posts
I go to my soft touch chiropractor first for any pain. My Dr is a gem and will let you know if you need to get yourself in for more serious medical treatment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.