Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i finally cleaned out the abyss.

the abyss was the former sewing room, which, after the dee-vorce, became the "throw everything in there and forget about it" room. i no longer sew or play in the SCA. floor to celing rubbermaid tubs, costumes, fabric, camping stuff...

it took two days and a lot of backed up FEELINGS, but i got everything out of there and organized into boxes and tubs. still not going to get rid of it.

i hired a professional painter whom i had hired before. he put up crown molding, chair railing, a pelmet above the window and painted the walls sage green, ceiling refrigerator white. he changed out the light fixture. it looks so pretty. and so 1776 - 1790 early american.

i moved my four poster bed into there and my salvation army finds. nothing matches but it all "goes". it looks like a room back in time.

he came back a few days later to install the pelmet he had made and saw i had furnished the room. he made me laugh when he said "your house is not from 'rooms to go ' ". he said he had never seen a house like mine. not sure if that was a compliment...

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
I'm sure it was a compliment, he's probably used to seeing room in a bag houses. You know the ones where everything is in the bag, the drapes, the pillow shams, the bed skirt, sheets and comforter. Not a lot of people take such care selecting furnishings and matching wall colors, molding etc. I'm sure he was just expressing how impressed he was.

Reactions: ladykemma2

·
19,119 Posts
Love what you've created out of your abyss!! - although I did think that you were describing my sewing room abyss!!

·
Registered
316 Posts
it sounds lovely to me!! sage green and white is what my bedroom is.....lol of course i would like it. what is a pelmet? never heard of that...

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Is a pelmet and cornice the same? I was wondering what a pelmet was too? I am going to do a material covered cornice for my fr.

MM I have one of those abyss' too! Ladykemma2; I only WISH I could organize mine in 2 hours!!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
You room sounds lovely. I hope you enjoy it. :)

·
27,948 Posts
I think it was a compliment, you follow your own drummer and your space is unique. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
It sounds beautiful....could we talk you into sharing a picture? :hubba:

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Reactions: craftypam

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Sounds beautiful. Enjoy and pics! :)

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
she wailed, "i don't have a camera!" bummer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts