Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far, I've only had to purchase some veggies, some fruit & milk. Other than that I've been using the freezer and pantry.

How is everyone else doing?

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I have had to buy, milk (Got it at meijer for $1.39 a gallon) bread, buns for camping, and still doing good....... I have using the free meals I get at work to help out too... :D

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I have only had to buy milk and a loaf of bread this entire month so far so we are doing great. I am hoping to just eat out of the pantry for the complete month.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I wish that i could say I was doing this with ya all by choice but its nessecity(sp) we have no money so for 2 weeks and prolly another week after this we will be eating whats here!Its great to have the stockpile to eat up though it had been awhile since I stockpiled......glad I did!!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Well, I can't say I did as well...:( I mostly buy milk, eggs and fresh fruits an dveggies, but with the kids, I have bought some treats, like popsicles and chips...oh well..it is summer after all...but I intend to make my own popsicles next week. I've been too busy with preparing my aunt to move on friday...

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I've been doing good with not buying things JUST because it's on sale.

I did have to buy some things for a bar b que, I bought a couple things I probably didn't need to, I knew one of our friends used to semi- complain that there were never any 'salads' (like fruit/potato salad) so since I was pressed for time and didn't even have potato's, I bought pre made potato salad...

So far I've spent about 55$ on groceries. That's cokes, milk, lots of produce, cheese, bread, lunchmeat, paper plates and I can't remember what else. But I should only need diapers, milk and cokes sometime in the next week.

I've been doing good with getting carl to eat what I prepare so he hasn't ordered more than one pizza so far and that was when we had company.

I have been using up mac n cheese more now that I'm doing this challenge. I just don't use the powder mix, I put in a little bit of real cheese, add some salsa and it's fabulous for me :D

If I have to spend extra on another bar b que I won't mind one bit because with the one we just had everyone brought SO much food!! Like one guy brought hamburger meat and a big thing of cheese and we never even used it while he was here! ( we did use the meat for dinner with the group) So next time around I'm going to make sure no one feels like they need to bring anything.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I've bought a few things too, like today I bought mayonaise, but I was out of it, and it was on sale.

I also had to buy housefly spray! YUCK! They were gross!

I bought a few things last week, but they were all for the pantry. I have not purchased any meat, though.

Got 2 1/2 dozen eggs for $2.29, thought that was pretty cheap for deviled eggs and egg salad.

It's hard in the summer because the kids are here for all three meals! :eek: But, I've spent less than $100.00 this month when I normally spend around $300.00.

We're doin' okay!

·
Registered
948 Posts
I'm not doing quite as well as y'all. Last week I stocked up on cereal (but I would have had to do this during the month anyway), milk, fruit, and got some great deals on meat. But, I'm really striving to be more creative with what I have. Honestly, I have a ton of food in my freezer and pantry - the possibilities are endless!!!

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
went today and bought some charcoal and eggs that I had a raincheck for. I also bought a couple other things that I had rain checks that were about to expire. Other than that, I am living quite well on day two of pantry poverty!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
im doing so good..so far i had to get eggs,bread,milk..i got candy bars and beef on mark down and produce i think i spent 35 to 50 on all of it..i have car insurance to pay .soooooooooo i will keep this up

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Spent $8 today on milk(3 gal-1 in freezer)sour cream,12 razors(FREE)2 packs lunch meat.I do need to get more lunch meat though and those bananas that are .18 a lb.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts