Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If it's ok, I started this thread...I wanted to say what I made today from my reserves of freezer...

For breakfast:

Kids ate cereal
toast for me and cottage cheese, tea

Lunch:

Left over lasagna for me from my freezer, with veggie tomatoe sauce made from left over veggies from the fridge, that were looking sad...

for the kids; burrittos with frozen cooked meat and frozen tortilla I had in my freezer, left over salsa that was about to go bad and cheese that was in the fridge.

Supper;

Shrimp from my freezer for me and ds., with marinera sauce from pantry.
For the others....I'm thinking....:) Ok, I found it! I will make a spagetti sauce with left over frozen pasta, that I am always putting off to eat....

How about you? What have you made with your pantry or freezer today?:D

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I plan on using some whole wheat spaggetti from the pantry, along with some spaggetti sauce from a jar that's almost empty in the fridge...also will cook leftover ham for dh that was from the freezer.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Today, I made some different breads that I haven't tried before. I'm wanting to use up my grains so that I can get some new crop late in August, so I made both ww oatmeal bread and pumpernickel bread.

For supper, I'll use rice and tomatoes from the pantry to make Spanish rice, along with cooking up a couple of deer steak for the kids and dh.

Nothing purchased today!!

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Great idea Lucie!

Breakfast: made up pancake batter from what was left in the box. Have enough pancakes for 1 more breakfast. I also fried up some sausage to heat up with eggs that we'll probably eat for breakfast tomorrow.

Lunch: Hot dog w/bun from the freezer, iced tea that I brewed with teabags from the pantry. Kids went skating and ate junk :crackup:

Dinner: fried up nearly 5 lbs of hamburger and made homemade sloppy joes. Some for dinner, and the rest for the freezer. Buns were also from the freezer.

Dessert: M and M shortbread bars that I made from scratch yesterday.

Who's next?

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Let's see:

For breakfast:
Cereal for the kids that was in the pantry and eggs for me from the fridge.

For lunch:
Leftover's from last nights supper for me and summer sausage with bread for the kids. They made double decker sandwiches..lol!

For lunch:
Seasoned chicken quarters from the freezer. Corn and mac and cheese from the pantry. Cucumbers and tomatoes from the fridge.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll go....:)
Breakfast: Blueberry pancakes (from freezer, had made a triple batch last week and froze some), homemade syrup and juice
Lunch: had at the funeral
Dinner: Chicken breast patties on homemade bread, lettuce salad and strawberries from the garden, bananas, homefries

·
27,948 Posts
Breakfast ~kids had bagels from freezer
Lunch ~ kids had lunchmeat sandwiches & I had tuna from the pantry on bread from freezer bought on mark down.
Dinner ~taco's made from frozen turkey and cheese from freezer, the rest was on hand.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Breakfast - I don't eat this meal generally, only when traveling.

Lunch - Cheese sandwiches on homemade bread, pickles and chips.

Dinner - too hot to cook, so meatloaf sandwiches (from the freezer) with chips and a garden salad. Everything out of the pantry or fridge.

I do have to go shopping Friday, the store is having triples this week, so I may do a little stocking up.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Im drooling, and now Im getting outta here...:bolt:

·
Registered
948 Posts
Today was easy! Breakfast was cereal - in the cupboard. Lunch for me and dh was ham sandwiches, chips, apple - all in the house. Dss had sandwiches too. Dinner - we were invited to sil's house for dinner, so I didn't have to think!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Breakfast - cereal and toast (too hot to cook anything more than toast)

Lunch - Tuna sandwiches from my pantry stock of 3/1.00 chunk light tuna, LOL!

Dinner - the potato salad that I made in the morning even though it was too hot to cook at all today. 1 tiny zucchini slice and sauteed in a small amount of butter, tossed salad, and some kielbasa

I did purchase 4 granola bars for a dollar at a convenience store on the way home from the dentist - we hadn't had lunch yet and the children were all hungry.

Kristin :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts