Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok:

Are the achille's tendon, and mucsles in your calves good reasons to 'hide' your legs with pantyhose?

Do you think wearing pantyhose under a pair of shorts is comfortable?

Do you think most people's legs look terrible without some type of pantyhose covering them?

Do you even care what people wear on their legs? ;)

Let me just say, I ask because I am just mortified with some stuff I've been reading on another board, and have gotten more than snippy with some of the pantyhose 'snobs' over there. I wouldn't normally bring over an issue here like this but I'm just really upset over it :(

I can't see why anyone would think some of the things they do. Or maybe they are just freaky pantyhose wearers with a fetish and I am just that gulible??

Oh! The thing that got to me was when it was posted in the teen section, and there were all these posts pointing out 'flaws'. like the achilles tendon and calf muslces, as reasons for wearing pantyhose! As if the average teen didn't have enough to worry about, why would they bring stuff like that up!?

So, I am all for wearing pantyhose to look more professional/polished/sexy or whatever look you are going for...It's just the continuous jabs they were making to the world in general that NO ONE'S legs looked good without pantyhose :(

·
27,948 Posts
Hi Heather! I'm dying to know what web site you visit that worries over something like that.:) People need to do what works for them and that's that. If you don't want to wear them don't & visa versa.
I wouldn't wear pantyhose with shorts.:loop: The lines in my legs are from living life & having kids. You're right , women in general have enough going on in their lives than worring about how their legs look. These people must be so unhappy with their constant worry over looks.
PS. spraying bug spray on pantyhose causes it to break down leaving the wearer with really nasty looking legs.:D

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Heather,
First of all, you're gonna think I'm a bit nuts when I confess this to you but here it goes:toothy: :

I personally believe that pantyhose are "of the devil" and are just another ploy to further make us women uncomfortable! I am also convinced that a MAN invented these awful contraptions because he knew they would bother us to no end. On a hot summer day the last thing I want to wear are tight and hot pantyhose! I also believe that the MAN who invented them made them so that they would get snagged on purpose to further aggravate us women and make us have to buy even more of these awful torture hose! Those things bind up where they are not suppossed to or fall down and make us look like we have elephant skin for legs.:eek: The only things they are good for is keeping your legs a bit warmer during the winter (but tights do that even better), hiding all the dark hair on your legs that you forgot to shave (wear dark black hose then, a favorite trick of mine) and find yourself running way behind schedule and are late for church, or holding dried onions in hanging in your pantry during the winter months!:laugh:
(This is all said in good fun, but I'm sure you can "hear" my underlying feelings on pantyhose).
Let me tell you, I'm a Master at whipping off those hose as soon as I'm done at some event and am back in the car. I've even been known to take off that nasty underwire bra too (but that's a whole nother subject)! Heck, I can even do that while I'm driving!!! :laugh:

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you girls! You really put a big smile on my face!!! :)

oh and it was at about.com's site. They seem to have the most bickering/spam etc than any other site I've been too. And the hosts there were pretty mean to me when I started posting too! which is why I rarely ever go there, and I still can't figure out what got me to go there this past week anyways :D

But I must say, so far their exercise forum is very nice! :) Reading their posts/info makes me not sure I even know if what I'm doing is right or not :D

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Heather,
If the site is causing you stress, then why go there??? If they can't "play nice", then don't play with them.:) Stay here and go to other sites where you feel loved and accepted for the wonderful person that you are! If they want to get their pantyhose all tangled up in a wad, let them, but don't you get sucked into it too! LOL!
BTW ::hugz: I love you just the way you are and could care less if you or any of the other women on this site choses to wear those nasty, binding hose or not!:toothy:

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Ladies you are too funny! :laugh:

Debbie, my husband stares in awe at me when I take my bra off and don't remove my shirt!! LOL He can't figure out how I do it!

I am cracking up here! :crackup:

Stay here with us Heather, we have more fun! :laugh:

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
:topic: First, let me say I totally agree with Debbie and Diana- this site is great! I'm new here and I LOVE how friendly everyone is. I feel like I'm making new friends pretty quickly, which is something I haven't found with other boards.

Now, back to the pantyhose question....
I say, wear what you're comfortable with. I have to wear them to work (healthcare regs) and the only other place I generally wear them is to church... and not always there if it's really hot out. I have icky blue veins on the back on my knees, but I earned them working on my feet! :)

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
debbie you said exactly what I was thinking, I don't know why I go over there and stress myself out :D I was thinking of making a post telling you all to make sure I stay here from now on!!! ;)

I used to browse there maybe a year ago? Then I got banned from their frugal forum :eek: (all over disposable diapers of all things, the host just jumped on me for no appparent reason other than she thought I was trying to stir the pot??)
So every now and then I go back and see if I'm 'allowed' there again :D just for kicks I guess...then I start browsing things like their bipolar forum....which again I don't know WHY I do that because it usually TRIGGERS me!!! :bang:

I'm just a great big ol' mess!! ;)

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Debbie's got it! The only thing panty hose are good for is holding onions.........and crafting those really cute dolls that were so popular 10+ years ago.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts