Frugal Village Forums banner

Part 2. Trash to treasure

1K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  PrairieRose 
#1 ·
Here it is after 4 coats of red paint, 1 coat of oak stain for antiquing, a faux granite technique on the top and 6 coats of glossy polyurethane......I'm happy with the way it turned out even though I didn't do the granite technique just right. I guess I could have straightened up those cords underneath and cleaned off the bar before I got the shutterbug :cool:

#2 ·
Aww Lisa it looks great! I love when you share your projects. Thank you!

#7 ·
Thank you, thank you....:thanx:
The photo is just an old photo that I bought at a junk store years ago. It had a man's name and the last name matched my dmil's family name. The inscription on the back said his name, and then a couple of words missing and then "before he went off to the civil war". We've always enjoyed the picture, and wondered if it might be a distant relative by chance.

#9 ·
Lisa that is just so cool. The top is just awesome. Great job. I love seeing all your paint techniques and projects. You've got a real flair for decorating. Enjoy your new tobacco table. I love that you did it in red. It must look great in the room.

*edited to add* I haven't used the marbelized paint before. I have used the crackle though on an old end table and LOVED the shabby chic look it gave. I don't have the table anymore, but it was a nice technique for a cottage looking decor. I've also used the fleck paint treatment too. The one that gives a stone appearance. That also worked out really well.

#14 ·
Thanks girls.

Sara, I've used the crackle medium on a cheap entertainment center for one of the dd's. We loved the way it turned out. I've also used that Stone Fleck stuff on a headboard. That was a long time ago and but it turned out really nice as well. That was really easy too.
The faux granite that I did on this table was easy, it just took a few steps b/c it was just craft paint put on in layers with a sea sponge. Not at all hard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.