Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am currently at a 9-5 Monday thru Friday job and I am looking for ways to increase income. My hours have a little flexibility and I would be happy to pick up time there but I'm salary. I've thought of morning bus driver, being a cashier somewhere, delivery driver. I have looked for jobs in my field but they are generally the same hours that I am currently working. I need a side job that will not affect my performance at my 'main' job. I think I could manage about 10-15 hours per week at an additional job. Everyone is tellling me not to get a second one but I don't see other options right now. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you!

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
This is probably a good time for cashier work (holiday season) and that would at least get you started. We had a cousin who was a florist delivery helper during their busy times. I think Amazon uses delivery drivers if you live in a more populated areas. I'm pretty sure Amazon jobs are on their web site somewhere. UPS also hires driver "helpers" during their busy season, you need to be able to lift/carry packages., Check the UPS site.

·
Banned
42 Posts
Can try to get into transcription...Can work where ever and whenever you want...Are lots of companies offering transcription jobs to contractors who type 70wpm. Can get $30 typing tutor at Best Buy to increase your speed...Foot pedal off ebay is $50. Express Scribe software is $30 to download. Need MS Office ... Headphones run about $30+ on Best Buy...Would get EIN # from IRS.GOV so you don't give out your SS# to blind ads. Do have to do own tax withholding, learn to file business taxes on SE form and then pay quarterly estimated taxes...But fairly easy to make $500/month working 45 minutes of transcription 5 days week or more on just weekends. Starter pay is 60 cents minute and easily goes up to $1.50/minute with experience. Is really nice on some of the websites as you just choose a file off the list of available work, download and get to typing...Do as much or as little work as you want...Typing out files takes about triple the amount of time as the file length...

Photoshop work pays nicely...Can learn photoshop from Lynda.com...Can learn Lightroom there too...Can rent the latest version of Photoshop from Adobe and Lightroom for $10/month. So, overhead is really low. Lots of short-term and overflow work is available on Craigslist...Craigslist requires a credit card now to post ads so most is legit now unless ad is appearing all over the place...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts