Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Good for them ! I wish them much happiness !!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I may be the only one who feels this way, but I think he's too old to be a father at 60....just my $.02.....(ducking and running for cover)....

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I just told my dh, who is a Beatles maniac! He didn't know! I'm amazed he didn't know, yet! :eek: I guess it just came out in the news.

Yes, I agree....with ladies above...can I come and hide with you, Chelle and Bev...:toothy: lol

·
Registered
215 Posts
:angel: WEll, I think a child is always a blessing, and something God intended! However, I honestly do not say this too be judgemental, rather to explain why I am excited that a 60 yr. old man, and his much younger wife are having a baby. (Sorry, it is late so excuse my rambling, and lack of grammer)! LOL

I really enjoy the two of them, I think they appear to be such kind, decent, giving, generous souls! I truly am thrilled for them.

Thanks for sharing the news, CJ! I don't hear much news these days, in the midst of my huge mound of packing boxes. LOL

:angel:

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
oh don't get me wrong, I don't want to upset anyone.

I do LOVE Paul McCartney - I think he's wonderful and it surely is a blessing to have a child BUT how old will the child be when it is fatherless? It stands to reason that it won't be that old and a father is SO important in any child/young persons life.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
heavensent_7

YES that is exactly what I mean, Just cuz you can have a child doesn't always mean you should. I don't agree with Tony Randall, and Larry King, having more young children either.

·
Registered
215 Posts
:angel: I honestly can understand the concerns of people that the child may lose their father at a young age. Honestly, I do!

I come from a large family, and was the 5th child in the bunch. As a result, my dad was a little bit older than some of the fathers of my classmates. I sometimes worried about losing him, when I was younger.

THen my best friend lost her dad when he was in his late 40's! My dad was in his 50's at the time! It made me realize that I will have my dad as long as is intended, no matter his age!

I guess I think wonderful, loving parents....no matter how long or how little they are in your life are a true blessing!

Honestly, I can see your viewpoints, and respect them as well. I just mention this because when my best friend lost her dad (and one of the most wonderful men I knew), it shook me to the core, and changed my perspective on life and expectations, and the way I live it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts