Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember from last year we almost missed the $800 credit. This year I made sure we did remember. My sister almost forgot but her tax preparer did not let it get by.

It is easy to miss. I think and I STRESS the word THINK it is the work credit on line 63 with a schedule M.

Find out if you don't know. It is YOUR money so don't give it to the irs!:horse:

·
Registered
394 Posts
It is actually $800 if married, filing jointly with a combined income of less than $150,000 or $400 individually with an income of less than $75,000.

I do free file with H&R Block and it did get my $400.

You are correct that it is the Making Work Pay Credit and it is on line 63 along with a Schedule M.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Oh good. They are still doing Schedule M this year. There was some question about whether it was going to continue from last year.

Seems to me I recall that last year a friend of mine didn't file Schedule M but she got a refund of $400 automatically. Like the IRS does it for you if you forget or didn't know about it. Best to go ahead and do it anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.