Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our general manager came out into our office yesterday and let us know that the water board approved a 3% raise for all of us. It's going to be retroactive to June 24th. They also made no changes to our health insurance. We were told we would be getting performance reviews adn accompanying raises within the next few weeks and my supervisor has hinted that I shall be very pleased.

I am SO excited.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I'm excited for you!

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Congratulations! So nice to hear GOOD job news for a change. You have every right to be super excited!

·
19,119 Posts
Not that is really good -no great- news!! Mahalo for sharing!!

·
Registered
595 Posts
That is great.

Last year we go no raises but the same bonus as the year before. This year we got raises(everyone is different) and I got a nice bonus. The raise was lower then I usually get but it was raise. The economy is slowly picking up. So hopefully next year will be better.

·
27,948 Posts
Isn't it great when a new job works out better than the one you had? Nice carrot your supervisor has dangled in front of you(somehow that doesn't sound right), hope you will be "very pleased". Happy for you!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Good for you!! Put it into savings.

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Our savings is pretty comfy right now, we'll be allocating the extra to debt reduction.

·
Registered
493 Posts
They also made no changes to our health insurance. .
Not only great news on the raise, but no changes to your health insurance....that's huge!

Seems like everytime I get a raise...3 months later I get a letter from HR stating the cost of my health insurance is going up.

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
Congratulations - I'm very happy for you! Since I work for the government, I'm sure there'll be the usual round of legislators trying to please their constituents by not giving those "lazy gov't workers" a raise....sad part is, I work so much harder now that I'm a government employee than I EVER did in the private sector. Sure there are *some* lazy government employees, but there are some lazy employees everywhere you go, government or not. Anyway, sorry I'm getting off on a tangent here....good for you, it's really great to hear your employer is showing you the appreciation you deserve!

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had my personal performance review today. We had a total of 16 scored areas. The areas were graded on a 1-10 scale with 10 being the highest points awarded. I received fourteen 9's, one 8, and one 7. I also received another raise. All in all, I am receiving just shy of a 3K raise annually.

I AM STOKED!!!!

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
SUWEEEEET!

Way to go!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
congrats - its so nice when hard work is appreciated and you get a raise !!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts