1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
9,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
636 Posts
Then I'm in trouble because I try to pay cash for everything. Here in Texas the tollbooths are not manned. You are filmed and receive a bill in the mail. If you don't pay within the time allowed, the fines begin to mount at a rapid rate. Not long ago, they published a list of top violators. Ranged from $79K to $182K. They are now talking about booting their cars. Will be interesting to see if they can do that legally.
As for toll roads, I do everything I can to avoid them unless I'm just in a gigantic rush. I just don't see paying those huge fees for driving a few miles.

·
Super Moderator
4,575 Posts
I'm somewhat skeptical. :skept:

From the article...

Earlier this year we reported on how the FBI was telling businesses to treat people who use cash to pay for a cup of coffee as potential terrorists.
I mean come on.. At the McDonalds in my town alone there must be 80 to 100 potential terrorists. :laugh:

·
Registered
636 Posts
Have you checked to see who followed you? :eek:

Don't worry, just hang out with me. I'm sure I'm on the list of "too stupids." :)

Reactions: Incognito

·
Super Moderator
19,559 Posts
The only person who followed me was the guy who brought his handy dandy hand truck to drag the 89-pound box out for me and help me load it in the truck! :D I was probably on a security cam in the store, though. I'll lay awake all night now thinking about this. Not! :)

As for being too stupid, is there such a thing as being too stupid to be a terrorist? Those guys don't seem to be the brightest bulbs in the chandeliers. I mean above and beyond being total nut jobs.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Well, that may be the case but when they figure out I can't even operate my own computer....:)

·
Registered
848 Posts
LOL you all crack me up:)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yikes! On some airlines they won't even accept cash for drinks or snacks (gee, remember when those used to be free??). I swear that is somehow illegal.

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
Yikes! On some airlines they won't even accept cash for drinks or snacks (gee, remember when those used to be free??). I swear that is somehow illegal.
I forgot about that!!! The last time we flew you had to pay for a snack for the kiddos with a CC!!!

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
This I can understand - the whole theft issue. Cash goes missing all the time and its easy.

What I find 'illegal' are the signs on the store windows that state they will not accept $50/$100 bills. Its all legal tender and by law, they must take it as payment if offered.

·
Super Moderator
19,559 Posts
Counterfeiting is a huge problem right now, too, and the larger bills are commonly the ones that are faked. If a business accepts phony money and later the fraud is discovered, they have no way to recoup that and it's just a loss for them. I know what you're saying and I agree, but I understand why they're leery, too.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts