Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any fellow PCOS sufferers out there? My symptoms were getting a little out of control and so I am getting back on track with treatment. I also have endometriosis--it makes for a fun combination! :angry:
I am looking for any diet or success tips you may have. :idea: It will be more fun to suffer together!!!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I have PCOS and Endometriosis too. I didn't realize I had these until we had troubles conceiving. I ended up getting laprasacopic surgery to remove the endo and the only real symptom I have of PCOS is hard eggs and extra hair.

What kind of treatment do you get?

I know with PCOS just keeping the pounds off helps limit symptoms.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
glucophage (metformin) is excellent to abate the symptoms and prevent the type II diabetes that results. da bomb!

·
Registered
352 Posts
I do too. I take Glumetza (basically extended release metformin- I had nausea issues with metformin). I just got back onto all of my medications and am hoping it will help with weight loss- last time I was on it I lost 30 pounds quickly and easily. And of course I want to keep diabetes away. I am thankful that I had no infertility issues. As far as diet is concerned- I've found that if I remove things slowly it works pretty well for me. I started out removing all high fructose corn syrup. Then all hydrogenated oils. Now I'm working on maintaining that and now removing starchy foods. Not easy- that's for sure. But health is so important.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I know this is an older post but I wanted to say I have PCOS and endo too. Have been TTD for 2.5+years now. Im planning to adopt the low GI eating along with my metformin and synthroid (hypothyroid too) and am hoping that will help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I have PCOS as well and due to late identification I already got type II diabetes. I am now on metformin and I take a insulin shot at night. I feel pretty good most of the time.

We are also trying to conceive our first (which pcos does not help).

Nice to meet all of you.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Another PCOS girl here.

My main symptoms are crazy periods...working on losing some weight to help with the symptoms.

I wasn't diagnosed until TTC my 2nd child. I did have success getting pregnant on metaformin :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am glad to see this post still going. Welcome Queenlavera!

Here's my update: I had laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, a D & C, and a few polyps removed early December. Recovery went well and my last period was very manageable. We are not actively trying to conceive right now but plan to within a year. Right now the goal is weight loss. I will start metformin again in a month and hope I have the same success as last time (45lbs) with diet and exercise.

Everyone please keep posting your successes and/or setbacks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts