Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a budget and a plan has given me great peace of mind. We had some major car repairs ($647) this week. I was thankful to not have to worry about it and not have to put it on credit card. We pulled out of our EF because we have not yet budgeted for car repairs. It was just great having money to pay for it. I reworked our budget and am able to replace all that money from the EF in the next few weeks.

It takes a little work to get a budget and stick to it but man is it worth it!! Last month, we had money all the way to the end of the month. In the past, we were lucky to stay out of overdraft til the next paycheck. It almost feels like you have more money. Anyway I just wanted to share that I am thankful for this site and all the encouragement you all give.

·
Licence to Kill
3,479 Posts
Sounds like you are doing a wonderful job sticking to your budget! Way to go!! :D

I love this site, too! The ladies here are awesome!!

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I agree, this site is great. Somehow I've managed to pay off my remaining $1200 credit card debt since joining just 3 or 4 months ago. That's a whole month's salary!

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
It really does seem like you have more money when you have a budget. You are telling the money where to go instead of letting it slip through your fingers, and boy does it make a difference!! You're doing a great job. :thumb:

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
You are doing a great job and I agree this site is very helpful with keeping on track with budgeting.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Doing the happy dance for you! I love having a budget- makes me feel like I am the one with the power.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts