Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17155561/

A salmonella outbreak that has slowly grown to nearly 300 cases in 39 states since August has been linked to tainted peanut butter, federal health officials said Wednesday.
The Food and Drug Administration warned consumers not to eat certain jars of Peter Pan or Great Value peanut butter because of the risk of contamination.

The affected jars have a product code on the lid that begins with the number “2111.” The affected jars are made by ConAgra in a single facility in Sylvester, Ga., the FDA said.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
We bought 20 jars of peterpan peanut butter. all at the same time 10/10
we're on the last jar. they must have all started with 2111 something. We started the last jar this morning. ( No not throwing it away ) If 19 jars are ok with that lot so is this one.
JMHO

·
Registered
359 Posts
OMG!!! That is frightening, this house lives on peanut butter!

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Man, good thing I got sick one time after eating peanut butter when I was 14 and still am not able to enjoy it much now!

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Man, good thing I got sick one time after eating peanut butter when I was 14 and still am not able to enjoy it much now!
I have always heard that if you get sick after eating a certain food that ruins it for that food. My daddy got sick after eating pork one time and never did eat it again.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Yeah, and often the sickness has nothing to do with the food (I think I came down with something else, hours later), but you can still associate the food with the illness.

I knew a girl who has this problem with salad! Such an innocuous food.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I got sick on fried clams and chocolate eclairs when I was a very little girl. I have not eaten either one since. I actually have to look the other way or even leave the room when someone is eating an eclair. Fried clams I just won't eat but I can sit with people when they are eating them.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I once got sick after eating black olives...couldn't eat them for a good while after that. Now I love them again.

I have a jar of this stuff and I opened it yesterday (Peter Pan). I am the only one who ate it.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I once got sick after eating black olives...couldn't eat them for a good while after that.
Me too.
IMO they are the WORST thing to have to be sick on. OUCH!!

My son got sick after eating pb toast a couple years back. He didn't like pb much after that. :puck:

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
We have 3 jars of the Peter Pan. One is opened and 1/4 of it is gone and we had just finished a jar. I am not sure if it had the numbers 2111 on it but the three we have do.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Yep had a half jar so that went into the trash. Went to Wallyworld today to get groceries and peanut butter and on one side was Skippy the other side Jiff and a big hole in the middle where the Peter Pan and G.V. would have been

1 - 11 of 11 Posts