Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Unix Ninja
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I don't post much in the forums but I was wondering what was everyone's opinion on File Sharing.

Do you have mp3s on your computer...if you do how did you get them?

Do you have software that was lent to you by a friend?

Do you watch movies from files that you have gotten via the internet?

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I am on the fence here.
If I buy an item I should be able to do as I please with it.

OTOH my brother is a music artist, and folks sharing his CDs online is cutting his profits. He is not one of the big guys, and owns his own recording studio where he produces his and his wifes music.

I still have not come up with a satisfactory solution myself!

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Nope I don't.

All software we have, we have purchased it ourselves. We don't let anyone use it nor do we give it to anyone.

Don't watch movies from files off the internet either.

Dodger, I'm a firm believer in purchasing everything we use, be it a cd, a music tape or software for our computer. Copyright to me means just that. I feel when we do copy others programs, share our purchases, we are taking away from the original person or company who have gone to great lengths to make it.

Even when dh makes his woodworking crafts, we purchase all copies of the plans and share it with no one!!!

These are just my thoughts and the way our family adheres to copyrights.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
yes i have shared and will share with others..its just too costly..if cd were a more reasonable price or if artis can figure a way for us to "buy"on like there would be less file sharing..i dont really feel sorry for people losing money.. they should figure out a way to tap into to "this" ..its really an untapped market

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I have shared some music, but dh doesn't like to have the programs in the computer anymore..... Too much spyware..

Good to see ya Gabe !!!!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts