Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first pregnancy and I'm 18 weeks along. The past couple weeks I've had pain after I sit for a period of time then try to stand up and walk. It feels very stiff and painful. It usually gets worse toward the end of the day.

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced something like this, is this somewhat normal? I expected to have some pain, but some days I don't even want to walk anywhere. Its a couple weeks til my next appointment before I can ask my doctor about it, so I figured I'd ask to see if anyone has had anything like this before. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I had the same thing at about 16-18 weeks and I freaked out. My Dr told me it was just everything stretching, etc....it was gone within a few weeks.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
I'm not a nurse and haven't even ever had a baby, but my guess is your pelvis is stretching out to accommodate baby. Please ask your doctor or nurse to be sure and put your mind at ease. :hugz:

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I would not wait for the dtr. apt. I'd call and ask. It's probably nothing to worry about but will put your mind at ease.

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
I had it too...your body has hormones that it excretes to let your ligaments and muscles stretch. Sometimes when the hormones start flowing they go a little overboard and lets everything loosen up a bit much and it puts a lot of pressure on other things. I would talk to my dr. but I think it's normal. Just take it easy and if you start having 'cramping' feelings go to the ER. ;)

·
Registered
674 Posts
when I was pregnant I had pain in my stomach that was so painful I couldn't hardly get up. It turned out it was the round ligaments that holds your uterus stretching. :) It's temporary.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts