Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!
Anyone in Pa? I live in NEPA - presently in the Poconos but am relocating to just west of Scranton in the near future. Moved here from Maryland (Annapolis) two years ago.

hehe... I have inlaws in New Jersey & NY and used to vacation along the Delaware beaches - so I guess you can say I've got the mid-Atlantic states covered! :mdance: :cheer4:

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
Hello, I am near Lancaster.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I am in the Lehigh Valley! :)

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I am not in Pa anymore, but dh and I both grew up not far from you. We grew up in Bradford county, me in Athens and dh in Wyalusing. We used to go to Scranton for the mall quite often, was either go there or go into New York state.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I used to live in Blakeslee, PA, which is in the Poconos! Now I live in the Lehigh Valley.

·
Registered
217 Posts
North Central PA

A tiny blip on the map called Coudersport. We used to be the headquarters for Adelphia, but no more....

Anyways, nice to meet you!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey it's great to meet everyone!

Banana, where in Blakeslee did you live, if you don't mind me asking? I'm not too far.

Staceyy, so far you're the the most western of us, isn't that right? I have to confess I haven't had time enough to explore the state outside of the northeast corner since moving here - my Mom died when we were in the process of moving so the first year of living here was a total blur to me. And during the past year we've spent a good deal of time trying to decide where we wanted to live permanently. We seriously considered going further south - looked at houses in Lehigh, Berks and Northhampton Counties. But the market there wasn't that great at the time we were looking - not enough houses to choose from (and we're way to picky about what we want, unfortunately) - so we started looking north and really liked that area, too. We finally found a house in Clarks Summit (to the relief of our realtor) - so we've been working on cleaning it up, painting, etc., and hope to be able to move in the near future. Kinda commuting from one house to the other for now - workin' my butt off! LOL.

anyway... so nice to meet everyone from Pa.! I'd love any info, advice, etc. you may have - even tho I've been here for almost 2 yrs I still feel very new to the area.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I'm here in the Lehigh Valley too! ( Hey, Banana how have you been?)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hi Neighbor!
I'm in the Pocono's too...Pike County near Milford. I live right on the Delaware River. Glad to see so many NEPA's here!
Tamara

·
Registered
451 Posts
Looking for info on NEPA? Take a look at the following website. It's chock packed full of all kinds of info. We have a sister site down in the Lehigh Valley and we also will be working on one for the Scranton area in the very near future. Just about any kind of information your looking for we have it and if not just jump onto the forums and ask. Someone is sure to have an answer. Look forward to seeing you there.

http://pocono.commuterclub.org/

Reactions: JoJoBean8

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi all! I am in NEPA too, in the southern tip of the poconos, an hour from the LV, Scranton and Reading. Nice to meet you all!

·
Registered
340 Posts
My mom is from Nesquehoning, Carbon County, and we have loads of relatives there, in Jim Thorpe and Lehighton. I grew up in Catasauqua, a tiny borough in the Lehigh Valley. My mom still lives there.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I used to live in off of 115 by the Race Track in a development.

Peaches- My best friend is originally from Nesquehoning! Boy that is a small town. Now they live near Lancaster.

Hi Kate!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Peaches- My best friend is originally from Nesquehoning! Boy that is a small town. Now they live near Lancaster.
banana, that town is so small I could be related to her!

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Yes it is!!!! My hubby got a ticket at the only stop light in town around 16 years ago, lol due to our NY license plates!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts