Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what is everyone's penny pinching holidays this summer? Is anyone going camping? DH and I were thinking about getting a trailer next year. British Columbia is so pretty and perhaps it would save us some money to camp rather then fly somewhere.

My Mom has a cute summer place down in Washington I will probably go there a few days and get spoiled by my Mom. I could use it!!!!

I was thinking perhaps a B&B would be fun and romantic. I have never done that before.

So what frugal vacations are you going on?

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
We won't be going on vacation this year because dh's busy time is during the summer months.

I agree, BC is beautiful. I have a number of relatives, including my mom who lives in BC.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
We will be doing a lot of camping and day trips to the zoo and the like..... We went and saw Abe Lincoln's home on Sunday, the weather was fair and we had a good day...... Packed a picnic and eat in the park...... Cost $0.00 I like that !

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
The only thing that we were planning to do was take the kids to Sesame Place. Since DH is active duty military, they are running a special that the active duty member and up to 4 family members get in free. They are also offering it at Busch Gardens and Sea World, but he can't get off work to go anywhere so we are just doing Sesame Place since it is the closest and we can do it in one day. My mom has a camper so we do go there on occaision when we can. It doesn't cost much.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
No Vacation for us During the Summer because DH's Works in Pest Control so that is when they are so busy ...

·
DebbieBob
1,692 Posts
We arent taking a vacation this summer since we went on a cruise in November. But we do take weekend camping trips with our camper that only costs the site fee. And its always so much fun!!!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
We took a trip to Montana already this summer and are planning at least 1 camping trip (if we can find a free weekend). We also are planning another camping trip in the early Fall and another weekend trip to Montana to see how the construction is coming on my parent's home on the lake.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
We don't go on any type of logn trips but we do take lots of mini vacations by going camping on the weekends. It is fun and cheap and gets us out of the house for a few days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts