1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
19,682 Posts
I like Subway. :( The biggest complaint I've found with them is the high sodium. I've always been able to find something I can eat and still meet WW guidelines.

·
Registered
275 Posts
If I go in the lunch crowd its good but ours tends to have stale bread after dinner. And its dry. ID like Jimmy johns,firehouse subs or most of the competitors any way though either.

·
Registered
9,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ate there often in college, it was one of the few places I could afford and wasn't fried and was pretty decent. They had a sandwich club, buy ten and get a free one. Unfortunately they haven't changed their food much in 30 years and the club card got discontinued about ten years ago. They have a lot more competition now, with better and more interesting sandwiches. The best I can say about them now is they are reliably average. We still eat there if we are travelling, when we get off the highway in the middle of nowhere there aren't a lot of choices. I can think of 3 locations within a few miles of home, but it's cheaper and better tasting if I just go by the grocery store deli.

Will be interesting to see if they reinvent themselves, or die.

·
Super Moderator
19,682 Posts
Pizza Hut went through the same thing a few years ago. Ours went out of business shortly before the new menu items started to be added. I've sometimes wondered if they would have survived here if that had happened earlier.

Our Subway is near the college too, come to think of it. We have a choice of Subway or Dairy Queen here, as far as chains go. They're across from each other. My favorite is Wendy's and that's why I'm glad we don't have one locally.

The worst chain we've ever eaten at is Culver's, by far. Prior to that we thought Sonic was horrible. We'll never go anywhere near either of those again. Culver's was so bad we threw most of it out, which has never happened before. We wouldn't even feed it to Sota. Even the fries were inedible.

Most of the places we like best though are not chains. We still talk about Buddy's Ranch House Cafe in Arkansas and Roscoz' burger joint in Sturgis, SD. We don't eat out much when we travel so when we do, we try to make it somewhere memorable. :)

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I haven't eaten at a Subway in over a decade, maybe over 15 years. Anemic meat/cheese amounts, mediocre bread, decent enough veggie toppings. Almost every other sandwich shop has them beat in quality, and many will at least meet them in price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts