Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pepperocini Beef

Put a 4-5 lb roast (i buy whatever is on sale) in the crock pot and dump a good size jar of pepperocinis w/ juice on top. Cook on high for 1/2 hour then reduce to low and cook for 8-10 hours.

Reactions: mamamia

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
make it once a winter due to the sodium content in the pepperocinis. other than that, it sure is good! i had a whole bunch of peeled frsh garlic cloves also...yum

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
thanks for responding. what type of beer? i have corona, amstel light, beck's, labatt blue light and a few others...thanks

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
thanks for responding. what type of beer? i have corona, amstel light, beck's, labatt blue light and a few others...thanks
Oooooh! :rockon: Can I come over? You don't have to waste the beer in the crockpot for me....:lol3:

LOVE your beer selections there!

Theresa :coffee3:

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Well it seems like I'm one of the only ones at FV who hasn't tried this one. :shrug2: I really need to break out that crock pot with all these recipes your posting Polly. :chef2: I really do need to get out of the cooking rut I'm in too. So thanks again! :thumb:

Theresa :coffee3:

·
Registered
530 Posts
You're welcome! I use whatever I have in the house that I like the least. Dh and I were experimenting with brands to find a beer we both liked. I used some of the ones we didn't like to make the roasts. It didn't seem like the brand of beer made much of a difference. We don't drink light beer, so I can't say whether that would, though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts