·
Registered
3,440 Posts
i get an error message when i try to look!:( :(

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oops, sorry about that. I fixed the link.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Thanks Laura!

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
Consider me impressed! What a stockpile!

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
wow!! that's great! wish we had a stock pile!!;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
:surprise: Holy cow!! Great job, Laura!! I'm soooo jealous! Keep up the good work!!:rockon:

·
Registered
601 Posts
AWESOME STOCKPILE, NOW WHAT I HAVE LOOKS LIKE "TEENY WEENY" STUFF..... :lol:
I wouldn't have room for that much anyways......
way to go for you though :clap:

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
WTG Laura!! :fdance:

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
That is quit a stockpile Laura, keep up the good work !!!!!!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Laura, I was wondering if these are pictures of your stockpile in your current house or in the old one. If it's in the old one, how have you adapted it to your new house? What's the most creative storage solution that you've come up with? What was the biggest stockpiling storage mistake you ever made? What was the one thing that you did as a temporary thing that ended up being the best storage solution that you made?

Enquiring minds, you know. ;)

Actually, since we're working on emptying our stockpile due to necessity, I'm pondering ways to make mine more efficient now that DH is working again. It's going to be a couple more months before I'll be able to start stocking up again, and I was hoping you'd have some wisdom that you might share. Thanks! :)

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
OMG!!! I WAS feeling proud of my SMALL accomplishment...LOLOLOL You've just challenged me to do better! Thanks!!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Laura, that is a great stockpile. I also use the space under the bed for stockpiled food too, DH laughs when I pull out a can of peaches from under the bed or a can of green beans from under the end table, LOL. I use every little bit of storage space I can find.

·
Registered
177 Posts
WOW!!! I have seen the pics before but they never fail to amaze me.

In the pic of the shelves above the washer and dryer, on the left side, are all those boxes aluminum foil?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
blueknitter said:
Laura, I was wondering if these are pictures of your stockpile in your current house or in the old one. If it's in the old one, how have you adapted it to your new house? What's the most creative storage solution that you've come up with? What was the biggest stockpiling storage mistake you ever made? What was the one thing that you did as a temporary thing that ended up being the best storage solution that you made?

Enquiring minds, you know. ;)

Actually, since we're working on emptying our stockpile due to necessity, I'm pondering ways to make mine more efficient now that DH is working again. It's going to be a couple more months before I'll be able to start stocking up again, and I was hoping you'd have some wisdom that you might share. Thanks! :)

Yep, these are pics from our old house that we just moved from back on Oct. 31, 2003.

THis new house does not have a walk-in pantry (well neither did the other one until dh converted hte half bath that was off the kitchen into one.....lol) So I had to really rethink that area of storage.

We did get blessed with another seperate laundry room that had a huge shelf in it and a smaller one on another wall that I could put stuff. So all my laundry care items, aluminum foil, plastic wrap, trash bags etc. are in there....like they were at the other house.

As far as what was in the walk-in pantry.....that became a challenge. OUr new kitchen does have a BIG pantry closet so I put some stuff in it, along with 3 other cabinets. THen there was a closet that an old furnace unit must have been in so dh built shelves in it and now that holds are my homecanned items.

Just last weekend dh built another in the wall spice rack for me that is slightly bigger than the one I had at the other house he built. I love being able to see my spices at a glance.

We did get blessed with a BIGGER hall closet, so that is now my "STORE" as dh calls it. ROFL It has all the HBA items in it.

Our new house does have 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms whereas our old one just had 2 bedrooms and 1 bath. Now I can distribute the toilet paper between the 3 bathrooms whereas at the other house it was ALL behind my bedroom door. We have really gone through this. ROFL. So I am down to about 3 or 4 12 packs. OH MY!!

THe diaper wipes that were under the baby crib at the other house are now under the hall bathroom sink........these will probably be used up here in the next few days. I am down to 3 boxes. GASP!!! but hey I've had that stockpile since I was preggo with my 2 year old. ROFL. There was even a pic in Refunding Makes Cents with me holding my now 4 year old while I was preggo with the 2 yr old and standing behind the stack of diaper wipes. My youngest is 8 months old as of today and is still in diapers. My 2 year old just started potty training about a week ago.

I still keep all my bulk items like flour, sugar, etc. in 5 gallon buckets to keep bugs out of the stuff. I make all my own bread now and go through this quite often.

The only thing that is under my bed now is a tent rolled up, some luggage bags, and some quilts in storage bags. The closets are full with out clothes and some totes in the boys room with clothes for them to grow into....there's a few totes in dd's closet too for Emma (the baby) to grow into. So I guess you could say I stockpile kids clothes too. ROFL. WHy not, I get them from freebie boxes at the local thrift store. So If I see something that is of good quality and the kids can wear withing a year then I will get it. I have gotten shoes, belts, dresses, pants, you name it FREE out of those boxes. Even got a Leap Pad that works and just had to replace the pen for it.......called the company and they sent me a new one, no questions asked.

As far as storage mistakes, the only one I can think of was not having enough room. LOL

We still have 2 freezers besides the one on the fridge and I try to keep those stocked with meat, veggies, etc.

I think that's about it.

pamy said:
WOW!!! I have seen the pics before but they never fail to amaze me.

In the pic of the shelves above the washer and dryer, on the left side, are all those boxes aluminum foil?

ROFL.......yep that's aluminum foil. I have given a TON of it away to friends and family and still have lots left.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts