Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it's decemeber 22 and i am having a third period for this month.

1st 3 days (normal flow)
15th 3 day (normal flow)
22nd today

what gives?

have to pee all the time too.

·
27,948 Posts
:note: 'Caus I'm a Woman W O M A N ... Big hug!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
No idea.....

I am almost 52 and my body has a complete mind of it's own at this point!!! I never know what/when it's going to happen and I'm tired of it!! I just want it to be OVER!!!

·
Registered
450 Posts
same here... have them every two or three weeks, no warnings, except the normal ill moods which since they come so often now, appears to be more of personality disorder I'm sure to others LOL

I do and have used biodentical progesterone cream for a few years and it does help with some of the usual premenstrual stuff.. the cramps, I'm not in a RAGE now, just a snappy sort of mood, it's more or less toned down the symtoms.. only thing it hasn't helped is the acne I get on my chin several times a month..

I feel like a hormonal teenager again except it wasn't this bad the first go round. I'm 46 now and I just say whatever... I try to learn how to deal with it, cuz I have seen several doctors about this and nobodys got an answer... just expensive tests they run which amount to nothing..

Sorry you are going thru this.. It would be nice to be normal like I was in my twenties and thirties again in this area, but I know that precious time has come and gone. I just try to deal now and I imagine you probably do too.

But don't feel like the lone ranger, nope, I've heard a lot of my real life gf's complain of some of these symptoms though not as bad as mine.

Oh ya, I forgot , I get the migraines too around that time, so three times a month is a you know what for that LOL

Do you get symptoms with yours? Or just the aggravation of it showing up without rhyme or reason?

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
same here... have them every two or three weeks, no warnings, except the normal ill moods which since they come so often now, appears to be more of personality disorder I'm sure to others LOL

I do and have used biodentical progesterone cream for a few years and it does help with some of the usual premenstrual stuff.. the cramps, I'm not in a RAGE now, just a snappy sort of mood, it's more or less toned down the symtoms.. only thing it hasn't helped is the acne I get on my chin several times a month..

I feel like a hormonal teenager again except it wasn't this bad the first go round. I'm 46 now and I just say whatever... I try to learn how to deal with it, cuz I have seen several doctors about this and nobodys got an answer... just expensive tests they run which amount to nothing..

Sorry you are going thru this.. It would be nice to be normal like I was in my twenties and thirties again in this area, but I know that precious time has come and gone. I just try to deal now and I imagine you probably do too.

But don't feel like the lone ranger, nope, I've heard a lot of my real life gf's complain of some of these symptoms though not as bad as mine.

Oh ya, I forgot , I get the migraines too around that time, so three times a month is a you know what for that LOL

Do you get symptoms with yours? Or just the aggravation of it showing up without rhyme or reason?
i'm 47. just showing up with no notice.

feel hormonally and spiritually terrific. no rages or weird moods, although last night felt sorry for myself and lonely for about 30 mintes. attributed it to low blood sugar, because i ate a protein meal and it stopped immediately.

i do get sinus like headaches during my period. i do have PCOS treated with glucophage. regular like a clock.

i am hairier on my lip and nose hairs :tmi:

gaining weight around my waist, but i am eating like a pig and exercising less lately.

the need to pee every hour is annoying.

my thyroid and health was checked in october. mamogram clear.
i have a swollen lymph node in my armipt. doctor said if it doesn't go down in 2 weeks to come in.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
i'm 47. just showing up with no notice.

feel hormonally and spiritually terrific. no rages or weird moods, although last night felt sorry for myself and lonely for about 30 mintes. attributed it to low blood sugar, because i ate a protein meal and it stopped immediately.

i do get sinus like headaches during my period. i do have PCOS treated with glucophage. regular like a clock.

i am hairier on my lip and nose hairs :tmi:

gaining weight around my waist, but i am eating like a pig and exercising less lately.

the need to pee every hour is annoying.

I have the same things going on with myself.. I have periods a couple of times a month however it doesn't happen every month..alot more facial & nose hair...including a swollen lump that is painful in my armpit that now has made itself to my (1) breast that is also painful/tender( I do have fibro disease of the breast....no I didn't get checked yet..I will take the antibiotic I have for infections and see if that takes it away..if not I will get a full checkup in a couple of weeks..BTW I will turn 44 in a few months...

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Ugh... Perimenopause... It sucks. I hit it early. I am taking amberen (found it on the net) and that helps a ton. I am no longer irrational. I also take evening primrose oil, a multi B, vit E, and flax seed oil to help. I also take a multi vitamin and then there is the ginkgo biloba to help keep me from being an idiot (helps with the brain fog).

I was taking something with black cohosh in it until it quit working for me.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
the peeing alot.... have you done a pregnancy test ?
i just skipped my second month not sure if its perimenopause or stress - first skip was right after very stressful work weekend where i quit my second job -
but i do know its not pregnancy - did pregnancy tests to be safe lol !! mainly because i take OTC sinus stuff and sometimes a pain pill here and there for my fibro.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:lol3::lol3:
the peeing alot.... have you done a pregnancy test ?
i just skipped my second month not sure if its perimenopause or stress - first skip was right after very stressful work weekend where i quit my second job -
but i do know its not pregnancy - did pregnancy tests to be safe lol !! mainly because i take OTC sinus stuff and sometimes a pain pill here and there for my fibro.
snort! not unless I'm the virgin mary! :) :lol3::lol3:

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Hm. I dunno what would cause that. I found a birth control that finally doesn't send me on a roller coaster of moods. Supposedly I can stay on it up till menopause so looking forward to having some years of feeling stable.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
i

have to pee all the time too.
I would go have an FSH (follicle stimulating hormone)test done.......that will tell you what is going on..........if you are starting into it........already in it...or what.

The having to pee could be the start of a UTI............are you prone to those?

I would for sure have that test.........

Would try the herbs and vitamins before the birth control as have friends that have said that when they went off them they THEN went into the same symptoms..........UGH.........menopause symptoms at 70??? NOT!!! :thud:

I can't take BC either............had a clot and almost lost a leg.

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
I started having periods every 2-3 weeks when I was about 39 or 40. Doctor said it was my imagination and I counted wrong...what a dumbass

Also go pee every hour on the hour...even during the night sometimes..actually that's why I'm up now at 2 in the morning...couldn't go back to sleep..

Reactions: ladykemma2

·
Registered
450 Posts
:lol3::lol3:

snort! not unless I'm the virgin mary! :) :lol3::lol3:

LOL!!!!!! Toooo funny !

You gals have all mentioned other symptoms I failed to mention but yep, it appears we are all experiencing an amazing amount of the same sort of symptoms..

the ones I forgot : hairy upper lip... heck even peach fuzz on the sides of my face.

gaining weight .... and I don't eat anything .. seriously I have kidney disease and it's totally taken away my appetite , yet I still am like twenty to twenty five pounds to heavy .. but maybe I'm dreaming to want to be in the 120's again LOL

brain fog and anxiety -check

insomnia- check

forgetfulness big time..

hot/cold..mostly cold feet all the time.. but when i get a hotflash - at least I guess this is what it is, it's like from my chest up only.

Also it's irritating not knowing when your period is going to show up.. it ruins your underwear unless you can treat it before washing. I learned that really quick.. treat with cold water and dish soap and let sit before washing or else you will be constantly buying new undies.. ( I hope guys aren't reading this lol, if so, sorry for the graphics, but Im just telling it like it is)

I also have had my thyroid taken out and can't ever get the amount of meds that I need to take to replace it regulated.. my body has just gotten very FUNNY since I started perimenpause.....

Thanks everyone for sharing, Ladykemma I hope you get solutions and get to feeling better, and if anyone finds answer please share with us all !!! LOL I've taken all sorts of tests and doctors have no answers..now getting a disease with all it's accompying symptoms really throws me, because I don't know what's what anymore.

Oh yes, one more thing.. I have had a very marked increase in allergies since starting perimenopause.. that one is weird.. I actually had to have 911 called for me by husband b/c my throat closed up early one morning and I was turning blue, couldn't breathe. That was scary.. but it was during the ragweed blooming season.

I try to look at everything and find a root cause , so sorry if I'm going off too much on diffferent things, but I'm just wondering who else is having things like this happen too.

I used to be healthy as a horse and like clockwork on my period until I had my tubes tied...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Oh yes, one more thing.. I have had a very marked increase in allergies since starting perimenopause...
Thanks for sharing this (and sorry you have to deal). It never occurred to me that my increasing sinus issues could have anything to do with perimenopause. It shouldn't surprise me...PM causes all sorts of other wacky symptoms so why not that? :(

DH and I are both bothered by hay fever. I'm worse because I get stuffed up in the head AND retain water in my intestines big time. It actually gets painful sometimes. :grrr:

·
Registered
906 Posts
I'm in that pm phase too. I went into my dr complaining of stress and frequent periods and he put me on a vegan diet. He said that he has noticed that many women react to the hormones, antibiotics and other chemicals they pump into the animals that produce our meat and dairy. I am handling the stress better but we are still working on that. The cycles have toned down their frequency too and have some resemblance of normal although they will never be their perfect clockwork again.

Reactions: ladykemma2

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
no UTI

i don't want hormones becuase they make me gain weight, but i am concerned about all this bleeding. i hope this doesn't last long. i want a hysterectomy! taking ferrous sulfate loaded multi vitamins. and vitamin D.

i refuse to get all shameful about this. aging is a part of life and i refuse to look like those memorial /river oaks women on hormones at 70, slave to hair dye, and botoxed. they look like freaks. and i don't want abrupt menopause at age 70 from withdrawal from the pills.

i will embrace the season of my life, "puberty in reverse" and celebrate it. like the old wise women, what did they do to honor this time of life? how can i make this fun? and spiritual?

hot flashes: carry extra shirts and underwear to change into when they are done. carry a fan. this doesn't help the palpitations/ feeling like you're having a heart attack feeling though. i will ask the students to "take over" teaching when i am having a hormonal blast and make jokes about it.

i need some jokes.

i guess i will wear a pad at all times. cloth ones?

i really really need to exercise at the gym or walkig, with other people every day. i am getting sloppy about this. i was doing well.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.