Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I go into details, just know that I do have a gyno appointment, but they couldn't get me in until 12/1.. that out of the way, I've been having some problems and was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing and the outcome? I'm 36 years old, have never given birth to any children, but have had 12 miscarriages. I've always been regular, and still am, but the past year or so the week before my period I start to have really bad nausea and diarrhea along with mood swings. It's gotten to the point where I'm down for the count for 4 to 5 days the past 3 months. My stomach feels like I have morning sickness (definitely NOT pregnant.. promise) along with sharp pains like shards of glass. My periods are relatively heavy flow, but not so much that I have to change pads more often than every 4-6 hours. I also seem to "spot" for about 2 weeks after my period. I guess I'm looking for a little country doctor advice to put my mind at ease until I can get in to see my gyno.. anyone out there been through this? Oh, also I have been having hot flashes.. I did start menses at 9 so I was a really early bloomer.. could it be pre-menopause already? Any info would be appreciated!:scratch:

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
posibly perimenopause yes that can start years before actual menpause .
i an 47 was a late bloomer ( started at 15 ) and going by mom may have another 10 years of it to go ( boo)

i often get diarhhea about the time i get or before i get my period - i get nauseated too ( just like a pregnancy nausea too) i figure its something hormonal .

difference is i beed pretty heavy the past year or so and i was irregular my whole life until i hit 38 and after the birth of # 5 i became very regular ( until this onth -blaming it on stress of quitting the one job etc )

i never had a bad cramp or the mood swings until i hit my early 40s

Reactions: shellyrhds

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I've been that way for a long time now. I get the initial heavy flow (like to the point of having to change the particular type of feminine product I use more than once every two hours) for two or three days, then it lightens up. I also have spotting for a couple of days about halfway through my period.

I get really severe cramping and nausea, plus the hot sweats and mood swings. I always figured they were normal.

My mother had perimenopause for a long time and that's what I figured I had. I'm only 33.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I am 49. Over the last several years mine have gotten heavier than they were when I was younger. I don't that much different though. Cramps are only bad on about the second and third day. I was a late bloomer at 16, I have had some symptoms of perimenopause nothing too bad though. I do feel some cramping during the month that feels like I am going to start but don't and there is no spotting. My mom passed away when she was 55 and I was 18 I don't know really either way if she had gone through menopause or not. I wish I had asked so many more questions.

Hope you find some answers soon.

·
27,948 Posts
Glad you are going to your gyn. It sure is a pita being a woman sometimes and everything really does seem do be a delicate balance. I hope your doc can find (and most likely will) what's best to help you live a more painfree life and help you deal month to month a whole lot better.
Take good care! :heartsm:

·
Registered
708 Posts
i was rushed to the er cause i thought i was hemmorhaging...

it was bad...I thought my period had ended... woke up one morning completely saturated..freaked out...i was peeing out blood...i was so scared.. got to the er and they said yes i was bleeding pretty heavy sent me directly over the gyno and had an exam of my insides and he resassured me everything was fine...99.9999 percent that there was nothing bad inside there...he said the only way to be 100% positive was to do a biopsy however he wouldnt recommend it...some months are worse than others... i can put something on... pad etc and less than an hour later driving to work...i can leak... ugh! He said... i could be premenopausal however not to worry cause that could last a very long long time and my ovaries were in rare form and according to the ultrasound my ovaries were spilling over with eggs...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, one thing I've learned so far is it probably is pretty normal. I'm a little jumpy about this because ALL the women on my mother's side have ended up with hysterectomies due to precancerous conditions. I am hoping this is not my case... and I will know for sure after my dr. visit. Thanks for all the info. and kind words.. it has eased my mind somewhat!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Before I go into details, just know that I do have a gyno appointment, but they couldn't get me in until 12/1.. that out of the way, I've been having some problems and was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing and the outcome? I'm 36 years old, have never given birth to any children, but have had 12 miscarriages. I've always been regular, and still am, but the past year or so the week before my period I start to have really bad nausea and diarrhea along with mood swings. It's gotten to the point where I'm down for the count for 4 to 5 days the past 3 months. My stomach feels like I have morning sickness (definitely NOT pregnant.. promise) along with sharp pains like shards of glass. My periods are relatively heavy flow, but not so much that I have to change pads more often than every 4-6 hours. I also seem to "spot" for about 2 weeks after my period. I guess I'm looking for a little country doctor advice to put my mind at ease until I can get in to see my gyno.. anyone out there been through this? Oh, also I have been having hot flashes.. I did start menses at 9 so I was a really early bloomer.. could it be pre-menopause already? Any info would be appreciated!:scratch:
I have the same things, except my period is irregular. I have pcos, and don't ovulate, and have ovarian cysts. I get very sharp pain, severe cramps, hot flashes, I feel naseated, and I am on the toilet a lot as well. I assumed this was normal.

I am happy you are gonna go to the gyno!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gosh, after reading what some of you have been going through your whole lives makes me feel REALLY grateful that I'm just now having the problems some of you have dealt with always... Really puts things into perspective and makes me worry a little less. thanks to all who have replied.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have been pretty regular all my life. The last year it became very heavy. I went to my gyno last year, they did an endometrial biopsy, an ultrasound, and then I had an endometrial ablation. Painful post op the night of the procedure- I thought I was in labor. But worth it in the end, no periods now for 16 months. They will not do the procedure if you are still wanting children. Fortunately, I am finished with that. I still have cramps on occasion, but never any bleeding.
I am starting with the hot flashes too...

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
hope all is well and goes well at the appt! i vote for perimenopause as i am 42 and have been having lots of the same symptoms for about 3 yrs now. my gyno wont do a thing unless i want an ablasion which i am not doing. so, i just suck it up and take lots and lots of motrin or advil. some mths are worse than others...just depends. but i have noticed since i do yoga now, it is a bit better..except for this month!! yucko...but, it is what it is...being female and all...lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.