Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know, my son was accepted into the university of his choice next September. Since he and I do not have our American Work Visas yet but should get them soon, extra cash is difficult to come by. I will be, over the next year, selling everything that I can to make extra cash for him for when he is gone.

I am planning on having a summer long garage sale and selling some items online to build up that bank account. I would like to keep track of the progress here on this thread, so the time doesn't disappear and then he is leaving!

I am hoping for a minimum of $1000. Anything above that will help immensely. He will be depositing any monies he receives for Christmas and birthdays and is doing odd jobs around the neighborhood to add to the account. This will give him extra spending money as the tuition and housing will be mostly through student loans.

I sold a few things at the craft sale at the beginning of December and I deposited that money so the account is currently sitting at $127.50.

So, here we go! :)

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
excellent! I'll be excited to watch your progress!

good luck! (and good luck to your son also! He should be very proud of himself!!)

Reactions: Debbie-cat

·
19,119 Posts
Great idea DC. Please post where we can see your online sales too!! Looking forward to following your success and cheering you on!!

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
i wish you the best in your endeavors....and hope that every single cotten-picken thing sells....

and remember...it's not just what you make...it's what you keep....so stay away from those stores....put those x-mas blinders on that worked so well and keep them on all year long....

you go girl!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Good Luck to you! I am excited to read about your progress!!!

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
Don't forget to post smaller items you could mail for sale here at the village! You never know when you might be selling JUST THE THING that someone here is looking for!

I look forward to following your journey!

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Good luck to you and your son

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Just saw this Debby...can't wait to watch your progress. This should be interesting. Post often. And good luck. Know I'm wishing you extreme success!!!! Both of you!!!

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Good luck deb. I know you'll make it with flying colors. Your handiwork is beautiful so you'll have no trouble selling a ton.
I hope you double your expectations!!

·
19,119 Posts
Let's bump this up and get more support going!! What's up next Debbie?

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Good luck and I will be following you through this goal.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
excellent plan Debbie. I know u can do this.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts