Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been watching this pet food recall for over a week but now it is expanding.........they are getting real close to the food I use. DANG!!

People are getting the salmonella this time...........

I am usually pretty careful about washing my hands......but not the dishes.......and while the dishes in the kitchen, they aren't near any food, or food counters. Still............

Pet Food Recalls Spread

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Once the bag of dog food we have left is gone, I'm switching our girl to people food. She's a husky so she eats very little, and she hates the dog food anyway.

I hate that dog food ad running now that shows a wolf with blue eyes and claims dogs are descended from wolves. Wrong on both counts. Don't these ad people bother to check facts? Ugh.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Ugh... We just switched the cats over to "Taste of the wild". I hope it isn't in the recall. I need to go buy some.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I have a dog so this caught my attention... I have NEVER seen this recall sight...... Thanks so much for sharing... I will be checking it daily now!!!

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
I dont see Evolution on there which is good. I only wash the dog bowls weekly. I figured it didnt matter since it was dry food.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont see Evolution on there which is good. I only wash the dog bowls weekly. I figured it didnt matter since it was dry food.
And it is PEOPLE that are getting sick........what the ____ are they putting in the stuff now a days???

I am feeding Nutra Max right now........but few years ago, I did feed Natural Balance for a time..........I have one I have to watch carefully.
I found out the hard way........he CAN'T eat Beneful......it makes him fart!!! And he can CLEAR A ROOM!!! I can't even give him any table food unless I pay the consequences!!! I threaten to send him home with anyone that eats here and even THINKS about feeding him!!

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Thank you for this. The food I feed my dog is on the list; the numbers and the type of food don't match; at least so far. Sure hope it stays that way. I checked out food big time with this dog because my last dog got cancer and now this.

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
And it is PEOPLE that are getting sick........what the ____ are they putting in the stuff now a days???

I am feeding Nutra Max right now........but few years ago, I did feed Natural Balance for a time..........I have one I have to watch carefully.
I found out the hard way........he CAN'T eat Beneful......it makes him fart!!! And he can CLEAR A ROOM!!! I can't even give him any table food unless I pay the consequences!!! I threaten to send him home with anyone that eats here and even THINKS about feeding him!!
Crazy isn't it?!

I have one that is gassy from her organic grain free food so I guess even good food doe it to some dogs.

·
Registered
398 Posts
My dogs food is on the list but the codes and dates don't match. I buy Natural Balance!

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Shared on facebook and others shared from me. Need to get the word out

·
Registered
409 Posts
Mine is on the list...Taste of the Wild - but it wasn't on the list below... which is WIERD! So I went to the pet store last night and bought another bag that's not in the recall - but now I am thinking I need to switch - is there a dogfood that has not been recalled?

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you for this. The food I feed my dog is on the list; the numbers and the type of food don't match; at least so far. .
Know what you mean CP......how do we EVER know???

They (meaning the sites I subscribe to, or read) started warning about WASHING YOUR HANDS after handling dog food several months ago......and it has been consistently reported to do that.

I had to change some sloppy habits. Find it strange that dogs haven't been that affected by it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts