Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going out of town for a week, and am having a co-worker watch my pet. She and I don't know each other very well, but I know she's responsible & will take good care of my four legged baby.

My dog will live at her house while I'm gone.

The last time a younger friend watched my dog, I paid her $50 for her trouble - though she took the money reluctantly.

My question - I would like to do something for this lady & her husband for their troubles - plus it keeps my pooch out of a kennel and in a loving household.

The lady has made no mention of money, and I don't want to "offend" her and her husband... so I was thinking should I get her a gift card as a thank you?

I've also volunteered to reciprocate should their dog need a sitter.

I've house/pet sat for a friend & my brother before, and never would've dreamed of charging, but this is different since it'll be an entire week & we're not that close outside of work.

What do you think? - money, gift card? - how much?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I would say Gift Card just to be safe. The amount would depend on your budget of course, but for a whole week I'd try to spend $100. Keep in mind we'd easily spend several hundred for a kennel for our dogs, so 100$ would be a HUGE savings. :)

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking $100, too.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gift cards it is.... probably split it up over PetsMart - she has a pooch, too - Target & maybe Starbucks... or a restaurant - if I can figure out her favorite place.

Thanks, everybody.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts