·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Very nice Dutchie! Enjoy them. :)

Reactions: Dutchie

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
great pics, looks like either a Columbian Wyandotte, or Deleware. They're cute...you can see the fiesty in one's eyes, LOL.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
The one with "The Look in Her Eyes" does look like she is Queen of the Roost. :)

·
Registered
8,468 Posts
My parents had a frame shop where I worked a lot when I was in high school and college. There was one guy who was in love with his chickens. We would try to steer him toward "chicken appropriate frames" but he would have nothing but the fanciest, most ornate gold leaf ovals for them.

Your chickens look every bit as good as his ladies! So if you decide to frame the pictures....

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Wish I could have some! Very nice.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Things seem to have quietened down a bit in the coop. The white ones are still exerting their power (or trying to) but the brown ones are becoming less lady-like about the entire thing.
The brown are called 'Barnevelders' here because of the name of the town (Barneveld) where they are supposed to come from and are - as you said - good layers.
We are getting an average of 4 eggs per day from the 5 of them.

Russ, I showed dh the photos of your chickens yesterday and he loved them.

Reactions: Russ

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
great pics, looks like either a Columbian Wyandotte, or Deleware. They're cute...you can see the fiesty in one's eyes, LOL.
I was refereing to the white ones... i hope i don't sound nuts. Barnevelders are hard for us (my work, not me personally) to keep in stock!

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Very Nice Dutchie, thanks for sharing. They are so cute, enjoy them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.