Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i made this bunny cake for the kids for easter. it was a big hit! sorry the color is off.....it is a white cake....lol!
:band: :fdance:

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Very cute! :)

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
That's so cute! :)

I made the same one a few years ago and had posted pics here too. Not sure if they're still here, but I'll look :)

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
awe, ever cute. i bet everone loved it.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks so much everyone!:) i used 2 round cakes and cut one into ears and the bowtie. i made it like 3 yrs ago too.;)

·
Registered
760 Posts
It's adorable.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I know this post is really old but with Easter approcahing again I thought I'd ask. Do you just cover it in store boght frosting and then cover it in coconut? Do you have some detailed instructions? Thank you :)

·
Registered
626 Posts
That picture brings back memories. My mom made one just like it when I was a brat. I bought a bunny pan at the thrift store today, but it is a bit small and not nearly as cute.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I remember learning to make these cakes when I was a teen back in the '70s. My aunt, cousin, sister and I made about 30 (seemed like 100) of them for a fundraiser for a club that my aunt was a member of. Boy did we have fun!!!

Ironically, I made one about 5 years ago for my step-nephew for a birthday cake since we celebrated his birtday at Easter one year. He LOVED it!!

They're really easy to make. You could very easily use a dollar store white icing and tint it whatever color you want. I also like to use a whipped cream frosting because it's fluffy and very easy to spread. I didn't make the last one with the coconut because I knew some people in the crowd didn't like coconut.

This is an excellent kid project since Easter is right around the corner (April 8). Maybe I'll make one this year. The kids will think it's a hoot helping to make and decorate it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
You gave me a great idea! I am in charge of fundraisers at our childcare center. Maybe we could make some of these in our kitchen there and sell them. How much do you think it would cost to make one and what do you think I could sell them for?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts