Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a picture of the soaps that dd made to give as Christmas gifts. This was the most fun craft I think that she's done. She melted the glycerin and added the colors and scents. The scents she used are green apple, peach/vanilla, eucalyptus/mint and jasmine/chamomile. She added different color combinations to try and jazz them up a bit as well. Best part of all, it's a breeze to clean up - after all - it's just soap.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes we are making baskets (well actually gift bags but the idea is the same). She's giving her 2 main teachers some soaps and bath salts as well as a few other goodies. She's putting soaps in most everyone's gift come to think of it.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Wow, she did a great job.....wish my soap looked that good......:D

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
Very pretty! :thumb:

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
They look awesome! I had some small troubles getting mine out of the molds. (I didn't spray them beforehand) I popped them in the freezer, but still had some trouble. I also found some bubbled/foamed a bit on the top, but have heard I can spritz them to get them to not do that.

Not sure what I did wrong. lol

I love the molds she picked and they came out great!

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On our first batch we just used plastic bowls and such and had a hard time getting them out. These molds are thin plastic and bend a bit. I let them sit on the counter until they began to firm up and them put the in the refrigerator for about 1/2 hour. Then I let them sit on the counter for a few minutes before popping them out. These molds are flexible enough that you can twist and push on them more than you could on the plastic tupperware bowls I used first. As for the bubbles, we had that problem some to. I think stirring to much increases them but it's hard for a child to not stir to much - bubbles are just part of her "personality". You are supposed to spray the soap with alcohol to get rid of the bubbles and I think you even spray the mold but I didn't do it. As for prepping or lubricating the molds, we didn't do it either. This was for dd to have fun with and it worked okay. I didn't want to make it into a major production or she'd loose interest quick. Thanks for the compliments.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
wow! they are pretty!! Great job Ryan.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Good Job!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Great job, do you think your lovely daughter would add me to her Christmas list. Everyone will love the Soaps.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Wow!!!! They are beautiful soaps! They will make awesome gifts!:)

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
WOW! I bet her teachers will love those gifts. I think Ryan did an awesome job.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Those turned out great !
Ryan you should be very proud to give those as gifts !!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you all for teaching me and Ryan that we too can do crafts. You guys are my inspiration.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts